Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Drive Off Assistant Failure

Paul Farrar

Silverstone
Morning all,

Car's a 997.2 Carrera S Manual @ 60K miles. On random occasions recently, the Drive Off Assistant Failure message has popped up. When I 'cancel' it, the red '!' remains.

I'm assuming there's various microswitches to confirm all the pre-conditions and one's sending an error? Or could there be something more 'sinister'? I can't really think of anything.

Any thoughts appreciated please.

I'll start the guessing with the clutch pedal switch.

I wonder what drive off assistant is in the first place?

A quick google informs me its like a start assist in inclines etc. Like a auto hold. Dont have that feature on the gen 1.

Could be brake related?

First off you need to check for fault codes .. i suspect you might have brake pedal switch as a code ..

This is a 2 stage switch .. one for stop lights and the other for PSM .. this may well be faulty ... they activate at slightly different times which throws a code .

Flat battery or a disconnected and reconnected battery will also throw up this message .. a low charge battery .. yup it can on starting only .

Thank you for the initial thoughts. The battery hasn't been off and the 'random' warnings include after some extended periods of driving, when the battery is in a strong state of charge.

So, it'll be off to the OPC for a check up! Even at 13+ years old, ii's still under Porsche Warranty, so whatever it is, it'll get sorted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back