Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spoiler Failure Error

Armes

After picking up my brand new TTS about a month ago I have had four instances of a Spoiler Failure Error. The first time was within 10 mins of picking the car up!! I took it back and the dealer checked it over but could find nothing wrong but unfortunately the error has not gone away.

This seems to happen after the car has stood overnight, or for a few days in the garage. I keep it on a CTEK battery maintainer and have had no battery problems to date, so I doubt it is that.

On getting to the speed the rear spoiler normally raises it will go up about half way and then stick and doesn't retract when speed is decreased. I firstly get a white error message confirming the error and then a second red warning about reducing speed. On the first three occasions I pulled over or stopped for fuel and when the car was restarted the error had resolved itself. The spoiler then worked normally with no error messages. Yesterday the problem was more persistent and having pulled over the spoiler would not retract even with manual intervention using the PCM. After a few tries I gave up and just reduced speed. After parking the car for a couple of hours with the spoiler raised, I returned for the journey home and after a few minutes the spoiler retracted and then behaved normally all the way home.

The dealer is aware of the problem and I am arranging to have it taken in and checked over but I wondered if anyone else had this annoying problem? Only done 500 miles so far, so the car isn't even broken in, but first impression is that it is lovely thing to drive.

welcome to the "spoiler failure message club"
Mine has gone in to OPC to get fixed as i got the message on its first journey from the dealer.
Mine is more random and they suspect calibration issue.
My previous had similar issue.
Hope you get it resolved, how is the car otherwise?

My first error message was within 10 mins of leaving the dealer having picked the car up, same as you! Otherwise, the car is fantastic, although I have only had an opportunity to drive the first 500 miles so far. Hope you get yours fixed,. mine goes in next Wednesday.

So, mine has turned out to be failed front spoiler control unit and compressor. The rear spoiler was stuck up trying to compensate for the decreased downforce at the front, so I am told. The unit costs £1698, plus VAT but will all be done under warranty. It will take about five days to get from Germany, so out of action until late next week.

just had mine replaced on 991.2 under warranty
Seems a weak point still in the design/manufacture of the unit

Armes said:
So, mine has turned out to be failed front spoiler control unit and compressor. The rear spoiler was stuck up trying to compensate for the decreased downforce at the front, so I am told. The unit costs £1698, plus VAT but will all be done under warranty. It will take about five days to get from Germany, so out of action until late next week.

My 992 TTS had this exact issue. The rear would stick up (and report the fault), but it was a leak from the front air dam/compressor. Fixed under warranty in a few days.

Armes said:
After picking up my brand new TTS about a month ago I have had four instances of a Spoiler Failure Error. The first time was within 10 mins of picking the car up!! I took it back and the dealer checked it over but could find nothing wrong but unfortunately the error has not gone away.

This seems to happen after the car has stood overnight, or for a few days in the garage. I keep it on a CTEK battery maintainer and have had no battery problems to date, so I doubt it is that.

On getting to the speed the rear spoiler normally raises it will go up about half way and then stick and doesn't retract when speed is decreased. I firstly get a white error message confirming the error and then a second red warning about reducing speed. On the first three occasions I pulled over or stopped for fuel and when the car was restarted the error had resolved itself. The spoiler then worked normally with no error messages. Yesterday the problem was more persistent and having pulled over the spoiler would not retract even with manual intervention using the PCM. After a few tries I gave up and just reduced speed. After parking the car for a couple of hours with the spoiler raised, I returned for the journey home and after a few minutes the spoiler retracted and then behaved normally all the way home.

The dealer is aware of the problem and I am arranging to have it taken in and checked over but I wondered if anyone else had this annoying problem? Only done 500 miles so far, so the car isn't even broken in, but first impression is that it is lovely thing to drive.

Hi Mate,
Which dealer did your car come from ?.Are you the first owner ?.

It was Porsche Mid Sussex and yes I am the first owner. Fixed with no dramas and now been working fine for around 11 months

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back