Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake pipe to pad wear sensor - plastic clip

9xxnick

Spa-Francorchamps
Could anyone let me know the part number for the little plastic clips that attach the pad wear sensor wires to the hard brake lines on the 993? I've looked but couldn't find them in the PET.

Hi,

I've attached a couple of pics to better understand what you mean. If you mean the white plastic connector on the end of the wear sensor then I don't believe you can buy it separately. It comes with the sensor. If you mean the tube connector then I believe that it is part of the braking wiring.

Hope this helps.

ATB :)

Attachments

• wear_sensor_connector_159.jpg
    wear_sensor_connector_159.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 330
  • wear_sensor_131.jpg
    wear_sensor_131.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 330
Sorry, it's neither of those. It's the small plastic clip, black in colour, which clips the pad sensor cable to the hard brake pipe so that it doesn't flap about and touch the wheel. There's one per caliper. If you look at in in cross section it's a little like a number 8, with one of the holes a bit bigger than the other to accommodate the greater diameter of the cable compared to the hydraulic line.

Attachments

• brake_pipe_clip_796.jpg
    brake_pipe_clip_796.jpg
    820.3 KB · Views: 309
That's it - many thanks indeed! The 911UK hive mind triumphs once more.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back