Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ABS unit replacement

Private Pike

Trainee
Hi, the 2 yearly servicing at Porsche dealer has revealed ABS fault and have been told the unit needs replacing, new €7K with Porsche

The story goes

Starting the 993 Carrera Cab, when we press the brake for the first time we get a grumble on the pedal very slightly long

After that brakes work efficiently as per normal, I've had a few lock ups hitting a pothole under braking with that grumble noise / sensation on the brake pedal

The sensation like driving in snow, you lock up and get that noise

Parts replaced

With the above in mind I ask for new ABS sensors, front brake lines (small nick in the rubber) and brake fluid replaced, prior to knowing the ABS unit fault

Work done garage stated the issue was still there and we now have a new master cylinder and brake compensator

So moving we need to replace the ABS unit, therefore any knowledge on here in fix I believe it is plug and play but will need Porsche scan tool to reset fault codes signalled on disconnection

At this point in tile we have no visible light lit on the dashboard

Can the ABS unit be sent away to be repaired, I've seen companies advertising this but very sceptical

Anybody selling a used ABS unit or push us towards a company selling ???

Awful stories of buy second hand vs shelling out for new

Any advise and help, parts finding very much appreciated

The Mercedes 190 ABS unit is near identical and can be used for donor parts. Much talk on Rennlist for viable options without paying for a new unit from Porsche

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back