Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BMW E92 M3 opinion

I've replied via PM. Have a spy at the owners gallery and if you need any info I'll happily answer.

A good friend of mine has one covered up and sitting in the back of his garage, it's absolutely mint and low miles.
He just won't sell it but told me that it's an absolute nightmare in the wet, it could be the old tyres but he says it's a dry use car only!
I've followed a few round Croft on a track day and they're no track car unless you've spent a lot of money on them, mind you most std road cars are rubbish on track!

easternjets said:
A good friend of mine has one covered up and sitting in the back of his garage, it's absolutely mint and low miles.
He just won't sell it but told me that it's an absolute nightmare in the wet, it could be the old tyres but he says it's a dry use car only!
I've followed a few round Croft on a track day and they're no track car unless you've spent a lot of money on them, mind you most std road cars are rubbish on track!

Very true. Most good road cars are awful on track and most good track cars are awful in the road. Horses for courses I suppose

This is one of the few cars where I would take the DCT over a manual. From what I have read the ratios on the manual are not right with 2nd in particular being an issue.

MC

MisterCorn said:
This is one of the few cars where I would take the DCT over a manual. From what I have read the ratios on the manual are not right with 2nd in particular being an issue.

MC

The manual change is poor and the ratios are wrong, the DCT seven speed is without a doubt the one to have.

MisterCorn said:

MC

It's more about the ratios than the change itself IMHO.

I had mine as a road car daily driver for about 18 months and then I thought to myself this would make a great track car with about 200kg less and some decent brakes. Circa £20k + later I had what I wanted....almost :floor:

If I had £20k to chuck at a car I'd have bought the Caterham and a tow bar!

I've had both, I wouldn't be selling your 996 for an E92. Where you've got your car now the M3 wouldn't even be a consideration for me. More toys/gadgets for sure but that's the point of the 996. My wife was using ours to work for a while and it was averaging 15mpg so not something you want to be using often for work commute etc.

Do a for sale add for the Porsche and see what interest you get that way you get you pick of cars or better still forget the idea completely 🤔

Roofbars on a track day...... interesting tekkers.

:?:

Well got my first runout in a E92 today from local shop owner. Have to say that although it was a manual I liked it, Silverstone blue I'm sure he said with competition pack. It's not for me this one though as I want the auto box as it seems a must have. He has changed the exhaust somewhat and it sounds amazing, that's another must but thats probably plenty. I think it has made my mind up though or at least for just now. In case anyone is concerned it was all done following local guidelines, masks blah blah

The return of Marty Wild said:
Roofbars on a track day...... interesting tekkers.

:?:

Didn't even notice :floor:

Just recently sold my E92 M3 Comp Pack.

I loved that car. The engine is just epic and must go down as one of the best naturally aspirated engines ever.

It was fantastic to drive and I had no trouble in the wet - its got 400hp and rear wheel drive, so it needs respect, but the traction control is always there to help if you havent turned it off.

It drove really well, the suspension was a great compromise and the M button meant you could sharpen it up with a quick prod of the thumb.

Very different to a 911 obviously, but as an all rounder with a fantastic engine its hard to beat. Last of the naturally aspirated M3s, so a sure fire good investment in the future.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back