Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New to me: 997.1 GT3

Morning All,

Wanted to introduce myself. Been lurking on the website for a while, absorbing the wealth of information - and only now that I have finally taken delivery of this beauty...I thought I'd properly introduce myself.

Not completely new to 911s or GT3s...previously owned a narrow body '77 911s which I then resto-modded into a turbo look. I have also owned a 991.1 GT3...

I currently own a E92 M3 and I love the v8, analogue feel of the car (will never sell it). So, when it came to the GT3s...I kept coming back to the 997 as i assumed it would also be one of those models that would still capture the rawness/analogue nature of driving pleasure. The 991 is an awesome car, but driving it felt quite... easy?

So, on the 7.1, I love the rawness, the narrow/smaller form factor...that engine..wow. I bought the car from RPM...so confident of its history. I asked them immediately to upgrade to a lightweight flywheel and clutch, some braided brake lines and new Recaro CS seats as i couldnt fit my wide hips into the original GT seats.

So, for the moment, thats it. Looking forward for the summer season to get to know it better, and then taking it from there...

Regards,
Marek

Attachments

• dsc03180_scaled_851.jpg
    dsc03180_scaled_851.jpg
    791.1 KB · Views: 2,453
Hi
And what a beauty, it's funny because I have a 997.1 GT3 in black and a Monte Carlo E92 M3 too.
Does the lightened flywheel make the pick up and revs rise noticeably quicker ?
Saying that you probably didn't experience the standard flywheel.

:welcome:

Congratulations!

A sunroof car! Not seen many of these around, is this a C16 (UK) car or an import?

I've been researching Recaro Sportster CS seats on and off for a while now. Do you know if it was an easy installation? From what I can gather there's a bit of fudging involved to get them to fit in the 997 chassis (the wheel adjustment on the seat is too large for the space available). I'd be interested to know how RPM got the seats to fit 8)

I concur with the LWFW mod, it really frees up the engine and makes the car feel a bit more lively, worth doing especially if you're in there for any other reason

Right_Foot_Blues said:
Thank you.

Yes, the LWFW is more rev happy. A very good upgrade IMO.

What was the cost in total for the new flywheels fitted ?

Roro said:
:welcome:

Congratulations!

A sunroof car! Not seen many of these around, is this a C16 (UK) car or an import?

I've been researching Recaro Sportster CS seats on and off for a while now. Do you know if it was an easy installation? From what I can gather there's a bit of fudging involved to get them to fit in the 997 chassis (the wheel adjustment on the seat is too large for the space available). I'd be interested to know how RPM got the seats to fit 8)

I concur with the LWFW mod, it really frees up the engine and makes the car feel a bit more lively, worth doing especially if you're in there for any other reason

Thank you! 2007, UK spec. Yes indeed, sunroof...in the past i would have not looked twice at this spec...but this one caught my eye. My priorities are changing as im getting older. :)

I have the CS seats in my M3..no fitment issues and you are right..in the 997...huge problems. RPM managed to tweak the rails etc and eventually made it fit...but it was a PITA.

Welcome to 911 UK, looks a lovely car. :thumb:

White 997's do look lovely - Almost 997 Cup Car

:welcome: to 911uk

Nice car :thumb:

Lovely car Marek, I called about this one the day after you'd reserved it so was too late. I'd never seen a UK-spec GT3 with a sunroof before and I really wanted it because of the rarity.

Hope to see you around at some meets soon.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back