Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ballast fan resistor for 993.

wpozzz99zSS

Spa-Francorchamps
I need to change the oil cooler ballast fan resistor, I thought I would also change the a/c one as that is of a similar age.

Has anyone recently purchased a ballast fan resistor?

I have searched the usual outlets and it seems Porsche are about the cheapest at £130 for the pair.

Grateful for any other recent price data.

Cheers.

Thank you for the reply & link.

That is the first time I have seen removal of the front PU suggested, the picture shows a 964, is it different for a 993?
I have read you can improve access by removing the headlight on a 993?

wpozzz99zSS said:
Thank you for the reply & link.

That is the first time I have seen removal of the front PU suggested, the picture shows a 964, is it different for a 993?
I have read you can improve access by removing the headlight on a 993?

You really do need to remove the front bumper to get to them (I only have first hand experience of the oil cooler resistor but believe this is the case for both).

Removing the bumper isn't too much of a challenge, much easier if you can lift the car and take the wheels off though.

+ 1 for the above, take your time and it's an easy DIY.

ATB :)

Attachments

• 20160209_123549_187.jpg
    20160209_123549_187.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 1,942
I did both mine at the same time and also removed the front bumper. Makes it much easier

Thank's for the tips.

I changed both over the last couple of days, the time was mostly taken up waiting for thermal paste to arrive, then cleaniing & refinishing various supports & fasteners while I was there.

I did remove the front bumper, I have spoken to a few people who say they have competed the task without removing the bumper, i cannot see how this is possible, particularly the oil cooler resistor?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back