Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice on frunk foam tool organiser from GT3.

esendia

Monza
Hi, wasn't sure if this was best to ask on the GT forum or the 996 forum.

I've purchased the foam part that replaces the spare wheel in the 996 GT3.

I have come to fit it in my C4S since the GT3 as I understand is based on a C4 chassis. I've noticed the foam part is not as tall as the spare that was originally fitted and what the false floor sat on top of for support and as a result the false floor sits around 40mm above the foam part so if anything is placed in the frunk the false floor sags in the middle since it's not supported.

Can anyone with a GT3 or done this mod to their car please comment if this is normal in their car and maybe being a track focused car it was just something they viewed as not important to sort out or is the GT3 frunk different somehow or does the GT3 have any other parts to make the foam part and false floor work together better.

My solution at present it's to cut a board of 40mm polystyrene insulation to sit on top as a support for the false floor on top of the foam part but would prefer a more OEM solution if one exists.

I've added pictures below to shoe the foam part next to the spare and to illustrate the difference in height when it comes to supporting the false floor.

Attachments

• img_0890_802.jpg
    img_0890_802.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 977
  • img_0891_246.jpg
    img_0891_246.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 977
  • img_0256_min_297.jpg
    img_0256_min_297.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 977
Just a follow up if anyone runs into this while doing this mod as I found my answer on a rennlist thread. Seems that's just how the GT3 is with this gap where when you put weight on the carpet it sags a bit in the middle. I may buy some black polystyrene insulation to fix it just so it feels a bit more substantial but obviously doesn't seem detrimental since there aren't a load of GT3 threads complaining about the issue.

That's how they are. Somebody cocked up in the design department obviously :floor:

Mine is the same in my GT3. Im going to cut the carpet trims in the front to lower the carpet.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back