Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A few questions.... my car is now..SOLD :-(

Good luck Ben!

I'd recommend putting one on Pistonheads too - typically the more "enthusiast" owners will look on there, and they're less likely to ***** you about!

Ok thanks.

Got a very well spoken lady coming to look tomorrow morning, spoke to her twice and she didn't actually ask me anything about the car!

The only other person to call me asked how many owners and how long i had had it then said, thanks and bye.

So after leaving me a deposit the lady has backed out due to funds! Great!! I had a guy offer me more than she was going to pay, more in fact than the asking price but because I am a man of morels I said no.

This could of not happened at a worse time, this year is turning out to be one of the worst in a long time!

Zen Ben said:
So after leaving me a deposit the lady has backed out due to funds! Great!!

Has her deposit not offset the 'loss' :?:

Or did you give it back to her :dont know:

Hope something works out for you soon, chin up mate
friends.gif

I just took £200 and I put a new MOT on it for her. She hasn't asked for all of it back yet but she is a lawyer so I'm not going to mess about.

It depends how much I sell it for really, needs to go by the end of the month but I was depending on that money to stop me going overdrawn.

Life has really hit me with some financial and emotional curve balls recently, its bad enough that I have to sell it, nevermind all the messing about!

Edit: She just text me saying she is looking into getting a short term loan after I suggested it earlier. Why are intelligent people so thick sometimes??

I'd get in touch with the other bloke and offer it to home at the asking price. Save your morals for whoever pays up first.

I can't understand why people look at cars and make an offer without money in the bank. I once got into a 'chain' with a guy who made me a great offer and only then admitted he had yet to sell his car. It came good in the end, but it was rather frustrating when I had other enquiries.

Good luck.

Phone the other guy, he said he would come tonight, then phoned me a few hours later, asked me a few questions then told me the car is showing as damaged and mileage is inconsistent on hpi which is utter nonsense and then offered £7000. I said don't be silly and he hung up. He was conferring with someone in the background so i'm guessing they are traders or something. Either way he was a *****!

For the mileage, you can fall back on the MoT history where you have a reliable record of each year (assuming the current mileage really does match the history.)

You also have the mileage on the ECU that can be matched to the odometer so it's really easy to confirm mileage.

It was rubbish, he was either looking at the wrong car or more likely trying it on as most of the questions he was asking are on the ad.

Zen Ben said:
Why are intelligent people so thick sometimes??

They're not. They've just ticked the right boxes to get to the position they're in.

So far I have one person come to look at it and wanted to buy it but couldn't due to funds. I have had a couple of timewaster calls and thats it.

I know that if a serious person comes to look they will buy it because its a great car so what am I doing wrong, Is it too much money? or do they just take months to sell?

Insurance is due in two weeks so I am getting desperate.

All policies have a 2 week cooling off period whereby you can cancel within that time. Renew your policy on monthly payments, then that'll give you an extra 2 weeks for free.

The tip box will be a deal breaker for most unfortunately. I'd guess at any serious buyer of one of these 17+ year old cars is in it for either the investment or the drive and isn't afraid of the age/mileage/maintainance aspect of it.

Price seems right though so don't budge on that.

Ok thanks. I might have to sell it for less than its worth soon though, really have to free up some money.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back