Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car for sale - getting lots of questions about not having sports exhaust

kp278

Monza
Hi all

I have my car up for sale and it has sports chrono plus package. I get a lot of questions about “why do you not have an exhaust button” and “sports exhaust should have one larger and one smaller tip”.

I believe chrono and chrono plus just had the sports button, but can’t find any explanation as to why I have equal sized tips. Was it an option? The tips have the Porsche triangle mark and definitely have valves on the pipes.

Thanks

Maybe an after market valved exhaust which fit the standard S exhaust tips?

maybe they are just tips :unsure:

I think you have the factory fitted PSE with SC package which means you can only activate PSE by pressing the Sport button. There seems to be a lot of confusion out there, possibly because different model years have different configurations and a lot of dealers retro-fitted PSE and SC (without the clock). I think the option of the one-big-one-small tips is not related to PSE but I could be wrong.

The (a) brochure says..

All 911 models can also be equip-
ped with an optional sports
exhaust system featuring integral
sports tailpipes. The system offers
a choice of sound settings, which
are selected using a button on the
centre console. On vehicles with
the optional Sport Chrono Package
Plus (see page 84), the sports
sound mode is automatically
enabled when the Sport Chrono
‘Sport’ mode is selected

A picture of the exhaust valves would help confirm if it is a factory Sports Exhaust

PSE Tips below, I am inclined to think they may have been replaced at some point.

IMG_20170412_200116629.jpg

Last edited:
If you don’t have a switch then you don’t have OEM PSE

It doesn’t mean you can’t have a switchable sports exhaust, but it’s not OEM and don’t forget on every exhaust system. The tips are completely interchangeable.

According to the original brochure, option code XLF = Sports exhaust system with four-tube sports tailpipes
This should be listed in your Service Book?

At the end of the day if someone is getting hung up on what exhaust you have they probably aren't that serious about buying it as there are a lot more important things to consider. A sports exhaust can always be retrofitted.

Am I missing something here? Sports chrono and sports exhaust are 2 independent options aren't they? If you have the sports chrono option, you don't necessarily also have PSE.

Screenshot_20240122-131419~2.png
This is what PSE looks like and also the actuator/valve. HTH

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122-131425.png
    Screenshot_20240122-131425.png
    576.1 KB · Views: 8
I didn't realise that the PSE exhaust tips featured different sized pipes on each side. Out of interest is the normal non-PSE tip diameter the same as the big PSE tip diameter or the small PSE tip diameter, if that makes sense?

Can't be sure that they are the same, but the smaller of the PSE pipes are the closest to non PSE. The larger ones are quite big.

PSE has the different size tail pipes as shown above.
Cars with Sport Chrono dont have the exhaust button, it gets loud when sport mode is selected.
Cars without sport chrono have the exhaust button to make it louder.

If you have PSE and sport chrono, while the car is idling with the window down, push sport mode, you'll heard the valve click and the exhaust note change.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back