Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 cleaning advice thread

davirus82

Trainee
Hello I need some cleaning advice and guess this would be a goo place to for people to share cleaning tips. I have seen some threads specifically on leather but nothing general.

I am hoping someone has a good was of cleaning (and restoring the black) to the plastic seen below. I have seen a few products... But all have very mixed reviews.

Attachments

• 20210711_141556_784.jpg
    20210711_141556_784.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,685
I've seen these removed and sightly heated up with a heat gun, they go back to pretty much original when it's done

Bought a replacement from an OPC for £90, took 10 mins to swap over.

with the scuttle and other hard plastic trims I've had success with Forever Back. After a while I noticed that the scuttle was suffering from streaks from the rain so applied a coat of ACF-50 which seems to have sealed it.

C4 all the way....clean it to an inch of its life before you apply

There's application videos on YouTube

Rob at gtechniq used to give a discount if you created an account online

While your there get some c2v3 for door shuts

Based on the recommendations on the detailing sub-forum I have just bought some Polytrol, which sounds similar to Gtechniq C4, but just £6 for a small tin. I will get some C4 and compare.

I like the range of products from Gtechniq. Does the C2V3 really make a difference on those areas taking teh most punishment?

I have been using the Dodo Juice products including the Supernatural leather products. I have been happy with those and now upping my game to try some claying!

I use Meguairs Tyre gel on that and on the plastic bits under the bonnet. Works very well. Way better than on the tyres - yet to find a good tyre dressing :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back