Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Manual at Portiacraft

Always makes me laugh when I see basic or poverty spec discussed like its a bad thing. :eek: its a sports car for gods sake its not a Volvo . if you want all the toys and pamper aids get a euro box. These are drivers cars for DRIVING , as long as its got a flat six, a steering wheel and four wheels it will be as good and as much fun as one loaded down with mostly useless toys

Bose, crap much better aftermarket stuff avail
PASM ,crap unless the DSC modules fitted and the non PASM has a much better set up
cruise ,really and where how often and when
rear windscreen wiper :hand: usless
sunroof ,big heavy thing in the wrong place
chrono , nice to have but can be retro fitted for £800 without the stupid wart so even better IMO
heated seats nice for a few weeks in the winter but most that have it sorn the car in winter :?: can also be retrofitted for £300
Sports seats is about the only thing, but theres nothing at all wrong with the comfort seats .
MF steering wheel , its a sports car just how short are your arms
TPMS, mmmm not even going to bother with that one lol

now the other bits
the non S sits 10mm higher but lowering springs will sort that
the non S has volcano interior trim not galvarno changed from ebay for £120
the non S has black dials very easily changed to the white/silver ones

theres very little that cant be changed, added or upgraded if you really felt the need.

have I missed any of the almost usless toys that are supposed to make such a huge difference. :floor: :floor: :floor:

IMO none of the above are a reason to not buy a car :thumb: :thumb:

if it checks out with a PPI and you like it get on it :grin: :grin:

I'd be surprised if I'd use it more than 4k a year over the next 2 years and then I'd be looking at a 991 or similar.

I'm not sure what a 75k mile 997.2 would be worth come 2019 but I can't imagine the depriciation to be crippling compared with a BMW M4 or similar in the same period/mileage.

Phil 997 said:
Always makes me laugh when I see basic or poverty spec discussed like its a bad thing. :eek: its a sports car for gods sake its not a Volvo . if you want all the toys and pamper aids get a euro box. These are drivers cars for DRIVING , as long as its got a flat six, a steering wheel and four wheels it will be as good and as much fun as one loaded down with mostly useless toys

PASM ,crap unless the DSC modules fitted and the non PASM has a much better set up
chrono , nice to have but can be retro fitted for £800 without the stupid wart so even better IMO
heated seats nice for a few weeks in the winter but most that have it sorn the car in winter :?: can also be retrofitted for £300
Sports seats is about the only thing, but theres nothing at all wrong with the comfort seats .

now the other bits

theres very little that cant be changed, added or upgraded if you really felt the need.

have I missed any of the almost usless toys that are supposed to make such a huge difference. :floor: :floor: :floor:

:thumbs: my favourite 997 was my 'vanilla" 3.6. It's hard to describe but you sort of have to drive a 3.6 more. Overpriced gen 1 or well priced gen 2? There's only 1 answer! Be careful they sometimes vanish quick after being put up on here as I found out recently! Holding deposit?

I was very happy with my 'base" spec, except the ride height, but as Phil says, easy fix

Looks good, get it bought.

I have no regrets with my Gen2 3.6, more than quick enough.

Only missing nice to have options on that one are extended leather and sports seats.

If it's had a new clutch and 60k major service, it's a bargain.

I fit coilovers and BBS wheels to most cars I end up with so ride height is not a problem. :thumb:

:welcome: ninenineseven

Ever thought of buying a ninenineone :grin:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:

Yes I'd love a ninenineone but out of my price range at the moment as a daily car. I'd actually prefer a 993 C4S or early 912 out of all of them but again couldn't justify the cost as an occasional car.

ninenineseven said:
HSC911 said:

Yes I'd love a ninenineone but out of my price range at the moment as a daily car. I'd actually prefer a 993 C4S or early 912 out of all of them but again couldn't justify the cost as an occasional car.

:floor:

James M-S said:

Only missing nice to have options on that one are extended leather and sports seats.

thought all UK 997 spec cars have extended leather as standard other than the GTS?

Phil 997 said:

now the other bits

Well said Phil :thumb: Someone on here once described a 997 that a newbie was interested in as 'poverty spec' :eek: firstly couldn't believe the arrogance of the statement, secondly as you rightly state, these are drivers cars, gadgets are all well and good nice to haves but the really useful ones can be retrofitted which, along with modding to your personal taste, is half the fun for me :D

ninenineseven said:
HSC911 said:

but just think of the user name difficulty "nineninethreecarrerafoursport" :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
but just think of the user name difficulty "nineninethreecarrerafoursport" :grin: :grin:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Wasn't there a NEW 996 buyer that had to change his username :dont know:

:grin:

spongebob squarepants said:
James M-S said:

thought all UK 997 spec cars have extended leather as standard other than the GTS?

I can't see the stitching on passenger side dashboard, although can see it on instrument cowl, so you may be correct.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back