Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996GT3 to F430 ???

Marky911 said:
So did you view that one in person Toby or did you sample the seats in another car at some point?
I collect the GT3 from its service next Saturday and it's an hour south from my home which puts us an hour closer to that 360, so we are going to collect the 911 and head down, providing the dealer does Saturday viewings obviously.[/quote

Yes this car when it with the previous owner, it was parked at a Ferrari dealer when I was in my 911 and at the time and thinking about buying a Ferrari and got chatting, sat it in etc etc
I always though yeah would love the sports seats but they did not suit me, I need a bit more comfort with metal work in my back.
Recognised the car straight away on piston heads.
Its lovely in the sun and sparkles away.
Great as you are close by and well worth a look, why not indeed.
I like the analogue feel to the 360 and the curves, it is way faster than my 997 and that was more than enough for my pottering around.
Be great to know what you think when you see it

Yes it is pricey, also need deeper pockets to keep on top of.
But saying that the belts are done so thats would be a big weight off
Quite milage sensitive these compared to later models
Stunning oooooh yes

I think that 360 by Autologix above is too much dough.

It has blue leather that usually instigates an LSD trip in me :what: but I can't undertand if it was that spec from new why the CS rear diffuser was not added?

Are those 'Racing' seatbelts supposed to be fastened with the ordinary buckle mechanism?

The blingmeister stereo might be better than the Ferrari branded Becker but it deserves to be kept original.

Zingari said:
I think that 360 by Autologix above is too much dough.

It has blue leather that usually instigates an LSD trip in me :what: but I can't undertand if it was that spec from new why the CS rear diffuser was not added?

Are those 'Racing' seatbelts supposed to be fastened with the ordinary buckle mechanism?

The blingmeister stereo might be better than the Ferrari branded Becker but it deserves to be kept original.

I have to agree, its a bit Rich for me, Its not a premium colour either, but I think it does suit the 360 and it shows the lines off well. Yellow is the one though in a 360, you could take a brave pill?!!

Have they got the original stereo, because they are super expensive to buy used, £50 for the same stereo, but it has Ferrari on it, so people are asking over £600 for a working Sat Nav version. Have you checked the codes of what came as options Marky, and Zing states a lot of buyers when you come to sell will want these completely stock?

Challenge grills on the 360 look nice, easy to buy though used.

Zingers in 'Too much dough" shocker. :D

I didn't think it was way off given it's a manual and has those seats and roll hoop.
Zingers the harnesses are proper ones and latch as such. What is stupid though is that in a GT3 with harnesses you still get standard 3 point belts. In a 360 you don't. So you have to pull up in harnesses everywhere, so if you go for a pint of milk - harnesses. Out with the wife for Sunday lunch - harnesses. It's a bit daft.

Totally agree guys on the stereo. I hate seeing aftermarket stereos. I never have them on as they'll sound rubbish anyway and I'm a stickler for originality as far as interiors go. If I do any big motorway stints my Bluetooth buds go in for some proper sounds.

Boba I love the colour but I have seen cars in it sit around for a while. I hate the blue carpets but I'm buying on exterior colour, seats, exhaust and the manual box. That's on top of it being as good as as described with a proper history, etc. I haven't spoken to them yet. Need to see if I can get down there. I'm currently playing servant to my wife. The novelty has worn off already it fair to say. :grin:

Oh, as for yellow, I love it. But I love it on other peoples cars, not mine. Like speed yellow on 996 GT3s. It's great but I wouldn't personally want it. Too bold for me and the flies and insects swarm to it in traffic or summer.
I'm not even too keen on red for a 360. I think it makes them look a bit bloated and wide and it does something to the look of the headlights. I know I'm massively in the minority there though. TDF blue is my favourite but they are mega rare.

Oh and a CS rear grille will be the first mod on any car without it. :thumb:

I do agree on the colour as TDF was my first choice and took quite a while waiting to get mine.

The challenge rear grill using the link to prospect Ferrari they are £750 new

Wireless as standard I think is Ok and sound wise, better than the BOSE system in the 911, not a meaty sound but clear as a bell unlike the BOSE
Have sat nav on my phone so all is good.
You can buy a cable that pugs straight into the back to connect your phone is you so wish with no modification just plugs in

Only found out yesterday I have a multi CD changer in the front, cant see me using it but it is there none the less.

Grey mats break up the Blue interior nicely so its not so BLUE..

Thanks Toby, that's a good price for the rear grill. I've got one in my eBay watch list and it's £1100!

Right, so the Grigio 360 is sold. I emailed the seller to go and view it on Saturday but it's sold and has been delivered. He must be one of those dealers that leaves the ad running for ages to get new interest.

So currently that leaves the 430 at my local dealer. I may go and view it on Friday but I'm still umming and arring on the F1 box plus it's a touch too early as I really want to focus on my new job.

I get the GT3 back on Saturday from its service. Absolutely nothing flagged up, as usual. It is never any bother, which makes this swap a tough one.
I hated the first few miles in it last weekend. Bumpy, jiggly etc. But once everything warmed up, everything gelled and it was great to be back out in it.
So anyway, I may view the 430 but then park the idea for a few weeks. It won't be ready until spring anyway.

I have a buyer lined up for the GT3 that's why I was dashing, but I have also had loads of other messages via the forums. It's all getting a bit nuts with folk wanting to outbid each other and trying to come and view it to beat others to it. So I might just put a pause on things, again as I want to be concentrating on my job and I can't be doing with the hassle.
The market seems red hot for 996 GT3s at the moment. Well, for sensibly priced ones anyway.
I want to be fair to the first guy in line although I've had an offer £5k higher than his this week but I don't want to be a twat. It's £65k vs £60k though. What would we all do? :dont know:

I would explain to the first guy that I had been offered £65k but seeing he was first in line if he matches the price he can have it! Sounds like a real salesman ***** story though :D

...tough one buddy...choosing between the moral high ground ( not being a twat) and £5k! I think I'd talk with the first buyer and explain the situation if he's happy to increase his offer even if it falls a little short I think this would be a good outcome for you both...

...what's your new job?

Yep cheers gents. Buyer number one is at his limit though so I wouldn't want to try and squeeze him anyway.
To be honest the higher bidders could be dreamers anyway.

Stichill you're spot on mind. It sounds like such a 'dodgy Dave's car sales" routine.

I'm just gonna get the car back and weigh it up. It needs some paint to be mint but my painter is chocka block. I might just wait a month though and let him have it. Then I can just chuck it on Collecting Cars or maybe go SOR with a good outfit and let that decide it. Saves me dealing with people trying to beat each other to it. I'm not shrewd enough to play those games. :D

GMG I'm a precision engineer. I'm a worker ant. :grin:
Every machine has its own language though. I'm 20 years in on a certain type (HAAS milling machines) but I'm going to a place on a different type of machine. I need to learn the machine and do more offline programming.
Very technical but the guy who's offered me the job says he's patient and wants me to go there so we'll give it a try. It's F1 stuff rather than the oil and gas stuff I'm used to so it should be interesting.
I may hate it. If I do I'll just move on. My second choice have said get back in touch if it doesn't work out, so that's good of them. Hopefully I'll enjoy it though and make it work.

Here's a quick look at it -

spyder

If your heart is set on going Italian I get that and we only live once etc but being sensible and a Porsche guy would you not consider a Cayman GT4 or Boxster Spyder. Spyder is a super looking car and almost could be a Fezza with those looks?

Nah, much as I love both the 981 GT4 and Spyder (I've spent plenty of time in both) they don't have the 'Motorsport" engine, so I prefer my GT3 in every way bar one, the sound at low revs. Apart from that though my GT3 gives me a bigger buzz.
Plus I'm a 911 man. I grew up with pictures of 911s on my walls, not Boxsters or Caymans. :D
(Ok so they weren't out back then but we'll ignore that to give my statement more gravitas. :grin: )

If I sell the GT3 it will be to go Italian. After 20 years of 911s where would I go next? I'd love 997RS or even a 996RS but they're over budget.
I think I've just sickened myself with the search for this week and the GT3 sale is turning into a can of worms. :grin:
Don't get me wrong it's good to have a lot of interest without even advertising but I think I need to prep it and advertise it properly, rather than have folk randomly shouting figures at me. :wink:
Or I just take buyer number 1's £60k and get done with it. A bird in the hand etc. :?:

Of course, I've had the Ferrari itch for 10 years now but I was managing it. :D
It's only because I saw that 430 at the main dealers over Xmas that I've started looking as that car should avoid any horror stories I hope.

There is a red 360 on at MCB but the guy is selling it as a private sale even though he's a dealer. It's his personal car but it speaks volumes that he won't stand by it as a retail sale.

Marky911 said:
Nah, much as I love both the 981 GT4 and Spyder (I've spent plenty of time in both) they don't have the 'Motorsport" engine, so I prefer my GT3 in every way bar one, the sound at low revs. Apart from that though my GT3 gives me a bigger buzz.
Plus I'm a 911 man. I grew up with pictures of 911s on my walls, not Boxsters or Caymans. :D
(Ok so they weren't out back then but we'll ignore that to give my statement more gravitas. :grin: )

If I sell the GT3 it will be to go Italian. After 20 years of 911s where would I go next? I'd love 997RS or even a 996RS but they're over budget.
I think I've just sickened myself with the search for this week and the GT3 sale is turning into a can of worms. :grin:
Don't get me wrong it's good to have a lot of interest without even advertising but I think I need to prep it and advertise it properly, rather than have folk randomly shouting figures at me. :wink:
Or I just take buyer number 1's £60k and get done with it. A bird in the hand etc. :?:

Of course, I've had the Ferrari itch for 10 years now but I was managing it. :D
It's only because I saw that 430 at the main dealers over Xmas that I've started looking as that car should avoid any horror stories I hope.

There is a red 360 on at MCB but the guy is selling it as a private sale even though he's a dealer. It's his personal car but it speaks volumes that he won't stand by it as a retail sale.

You just got to be careful mate. buying the right car, is key here, a dog underneath could cost you another mortgage! Body work is next, check for alloy corrosion, especially around the stone chip area like inside the wheel arches, its quite common, especially if tracked.

I bought my first one privately, but I had a full PPI done by a Ferrari Technician, it still needed some work (as trust me they all will) but we came to a compromise. He also did 3 other cars for me at Ferrari Dealers which needed around 10k to 15k of work needed, and one was in need of nearly a full respray. One Supercar dealer was an awful experience!

I was getting disheartened by it all, and nearly gave up and the PPI costs started to mount up!

You will also find nice colour good ones go pretty quickly as well if priced right, as I was gazumped on one and its not a nice feeling!

On the £60 or £65, sadly its a dog eat dog world now, it would be £65k for me and first to a decent deposit!

People don't care in this world anymore, its happened to me dozens of times and only just a week ago with a set of HRE wheels! Won the auction then sold them to someone else for more money. Gutted!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back