Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996GT3 to F430 ???

Alright Jin, yes that's exactly what happened with the C2 I had.
Definitely not doing that this time though as I just didn't want to use it in anger after that.
The GT3 has the odd little mark here and there elsewhere but it's the stonechips on the front end and front of side skirts that look the worst. It'll be a nice car once done, although maybe not a show car. Which is fine by me.

Hope you're well anyway. How's the GT3 going? Tucked away for winter or still using it?

Nothing to report on this as I'm still sorting my GT3 out after a front end refresh.

That 430 that started all this is finished though.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbhfHR7LpDF/?utm_medium=copy_link

Not sure if it's sold though. It's an itch I need to scratch, but I may be pushing it for this summer. After driving the GT3 again, shifting manual is just so nice, so again I'm still torn in that.

I'll update this thread when I finally scratch the itch though and the advice is much appreciated. :thumb:

Just caught up on (most) of this thread.

I've had a 360 for around 5yrs which I've modded to partial CS spec; all the mechanical parts bar the brakes and a most external. As you know, it's not the 'done thing" in Fezza circles - but who cares? I looked at a load of cars before getting this one and so many of them had loads of money spent on cosmetics and std service items, but nothing on refreshing mechanical parts like bushings, joints, brakes, etc. when you drove them you could tell they were on tired suspension with 15yr old bushes but it seems most owners (or maybe the market) care more about the cosmetics than the mechanics of the cars.

In the end, I bought a slightly scruffier card and replaced all the suspension bushes, roll bar, springs and engine mounts to CS/Scud spec. (A lot of CS parts ended up being std 430 parts, and some Scud parts are an upgrade on that). Cost a small fortune, but at least I had a car that drove box fresh.

I've also done all the usual stuff incl; full CS body kit (incl ducktail), Challenge wheels (unless putting ceramics on the car, the 18" wheels give better ride & handling), CS TCU (much needed), carbon air box, 430 MAFs, DMS remap, 430 exhaust mod (sounds like a real CS now) and of course a tricolour stripe (makes it faster!).

If you are still considering a 360, I might be interested in a P/X and more than happy to give you any info on my experiences of 360 ownership and modding.

Andy

Attachments

• 59e08125_31db_418e_82f4_841c9422935a_461.jpeg
    59e08125_31db_418e_82f4_841c9422935a_461.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,300
That is perfection, Andy. (Well, bar the gearbox. :grin: )

It is exactly what I'd do to a 360 and I mean, exactly. :thumb:

andyp said:
Just caught up on (most) of this thread.

I've had a 360 for around 5yrs which I've modded to partial CS spec; all the mechanical parts bar the brakes and a most external. As you know, it's not the 'done thing" in Fezza circles - but who cares? I looked at a load of cars before getting this one and so many of them had loads of money spent on cosmetics and std service items, but nothing on refreshing mechanical parts like bushings, joints, brakes, etc. when you drove them you could tell they were on tired suspension with 15yr old bushes but it seems most owners (or maybe the market) care more about the cosmetics than the mechanics of the cars.

In the end, I bought a slightly scruffier card and replaced all the suspension bushes, roll bar, springs and engine mounts to CS/Scud spec. (A lot of CS parts ended up being std 430 parts, and some Scud parts are an upgrade on that). Cost a small fortune, but at least I had a car that drove box fresh.

I've also done all the usual stuff incl; full CS body kit (incl ducktail), Challenge wheels (unless putting ceramics on the car, the 18" wheels give better ride & handling), CS TCU (much needed), carbon air box, 430 MAFs, DMS remap, 430 exhaust mod (sounds like a real CS now) and of course a tricolour stripe (makes it faster!).

If you are still considering a 360, I might be interested in a P/X and more than happy to give you any info on my experiences of 360 ownership and modding.

Andy

Funny you have said what you have said there, I have been trying to tell a couple of friends of mine why prices vary so much and what to look for and forget about milage to a point
Buy a looked after mechanically one, a punter may be asking more for a reason, provenance is everything.
Lots of tatty cars about, may look nice but underneath a different story.
A cheap car is cheap for a reason and may cost a pretty penny to get up to standard.

I think most need between 5 and 10k spending on them to get them to standard.

Love my 360 and its so pretty.

Marky, PM me when you fancy a drive and have a spin in my 360 and like Andys has a few mechanical and cosmetic mods, 450bhp does not weigh a lot and drives tight as a drum

Hi Toby,

That's very kind of you and much appreciated as I know how precious we are about our cars, especially letting other people have a go.
I probably won't take you up on it though, partly due to the fact you are probably flippin' miles away :grin: but mainly due to the fact I still don't know what's happening.
By the time I sold the GT3 it would be June, so I'd then be spending July and maybe august car shopping. So I'd probably be back in something just in time to take it off the road for winter. :frustrated: :D

So currently I'm just ploughing ahead getting the GT3 done and I'll see what's what.
The PPF guy put me off for another week. So instead of being away from 14th-21st it's now away 21st-27th. Then it needs MOT'ing and things.

I do want to scratch that itch but I also want to just enjoy summer.
Can't believe it was 5 months ago when I saw that F430 over Xmas. That's what started the ball rolling. It will be October before we know it and back into winter.

One last point making me hesitate is that 996GT3s appear to be a MUCH easier sell than the F360s and 430s at the moment. Some do sell, but they don't exactly fly out the door.

Anyway thanks again. I'll obviously keep this thread updated if anything changes but I'm 50/50 on what I think will happen for this summer.
Cheers. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
Hi Toby,

That's very kind of you and much appreciated as I know how precious we are about our cars, especially letting other people have a go.
I probably won't take you up on it though, partly due to the fact you are probably flippin' miles away :grin: but mainly due to the fact I still don't know what's happening.
By the time I sold the GT3 it would be June, so I'd then be spending July and maybe august car shopping. So I'd probably be back in something just in time to take it off the road for winter. :frustrated: :D

So currently I'm just ploughing ahead getting the GT3 done and I'll see what's what.
The PPF guy put me off for another week. So instead of being away from 14th-21st it's now away 21st-27th. Then it needs MOT'ing and things.

I do want to scratch that itch but I also want to just enjoy summer.
Can't believe it was 5 months ago when I saw that F430 over Xmas. That's what started the ball rolling. It will be October before we know it and back into winter.

One last point making me hesitate is that 996GT3s appear to be a MUCH easier sell than the F360s and 430s at the moment. Some do sell, but they don't exactly fly out the door.

Anyway thanks again. I'll obviously keep this thread updated if anything changes but I'm 50/50 on what I think will happen for this summer.
Cheers. :thumb:

Evening fella
Market wise, different market Fiat people and they are a far far smaller pool
Provenance is a huge part
I have not thought of the how to sell it part, was not that bothered and still not.
Imagine just like you with the GT3
Crikey yes it was Christmas wasn't it..... Time shoots by

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back