Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 recommisioning

993martin

"Evenin All" as my Uncle used to say (he was a copper),New to the forum but had my 993 targa for 23 years,its been off road for a few years and the iam is to get its mot bythe end of next month. i need some advice from you chaps,
its running std 17" wheels which are being refurbed at the moment but what tyres to put on, was running zzr avons and they are like 16 years old now, i am looking for decent rubber as i will be giving it the beans but dont want tyres that cost the earth and last 10 mins, also having problems with the H+ P P1000 alarm, fobs packed in, is it easly to have the alarm off myself or do i need proper help?
Gratefull for any sage advice
Martin

Hi Martin and :welcome: to 911uk.

I have moved your post to the 993 section, you may reach an audience more in tune with your specific query.

993martin said:
"Evenin All" as my Uncle used to say (he was a copper),New to the forum but had my 993 targa for 23 years,its been off road for a few years and the iam is to get its mot bythe end of next month. i need some advice from you chaps,
its running std 17" wheels which are being refurbed at the moment but what tyres to put on, was running zzr avons and they are like 16 years old now, i am looking for decent rubber as i will be giving it the beans but dont want tyres that cost the earth and last 10 mins, also having problems with the H+ P P1000 alarm, fobs packed in, is it easly to have the alarm off myself or do i need proper help?
Gratefull for any sage advice
Martin

well done for owning that length of time, the H&P system is easy enough to remove, if slightly involved, take the have a look under the drivers seat, that where most were installed unless the car had cruise control, where they fitted them under the passenger seat, follow the wire's all will be black, you will find 3 circuits cut and its simple enough to remake the factory original wiring and remove the system, usually unless the fobs are in dire condition a new battery is all thats needed to get them working again.
Tyres I use Toyo or Michelin.

Good luck and hopefully you enjoy it again when your done.

Hi and welcome :thumb:

I've owned my cab 23 years too.

Can't help with the H+P alarm as mine is not a UK car. However, I've been running my car on Toyo Proxies T1R's for the last 15 years and never had a problem with them. They have always been sensibly priced. I change my tyres every 5 years, not because they are worn out, I only do about 3 to 4k Kms a year but because I always did when I lived in Q8 and had extreme temperatures. In the summer it could hit 52C. Here in Spain it's not as hot but I believe you never take chances with your tyres or your brakes :D My wheels are 16".

ATB :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back