Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

97/98/99 RON

chimp911 said:
They ran this promo in September over in Germany - I was under strict instructions to collect all 6 and failure was not an option - there was nothing else for it than to dutifully oblige :driving: :grin:

They also have trucks, pit garages and other cool stuff! :thumb:

Martian said:
stressballsteve said:
...These cars are clever enough to adjust the ignition timing (eventually), but I'd worry about giving it the beans during the adjustment period.

Why? The 997 DME adjusts immediately and doesn't have an 'adjustment period'.

Immediately? Does it?

Does Gen 2 do this immediately? Thought it took half a tank or so, or you could force a reset via the key?

Have to admit I use V-Power NITRO PLUS!!! I can't notice the difference. Wouldn't buy standard 95 RON....

That'd be like "buying a Ferrari and putting cheap petrol in it". Expect it wouldn't be anything like that. Because it's a Porsche. So it's not that lame.

Maybe Alonso forgot to put V-Power in his F1, and that's why they did so badly this season? :dont know: :p :p

megdog said:
Maybe Alonso forgot to put V-Power in his F1, and that's why they did so badly this season? :dont know: :p :p

God knows what Kimi's been running then :grin:

Interesting stuff chaps :thumb:

Full tank of Tesco Momentum now and my fuel economy seems to have dropped :dont know:

Interestingly when we bought the 997 from the OPC I asked if the nearby Sainsburys was the nearest garage selling 97+ petrol and was told 'Don't know, we put the ordinary stuff in the cars' !!

So much for the sticker on the fuel flap, and interesting given say a Bosch battery is a no no for an OPC warranty.

Personally I always try and use the good stuff

davidjf7 said:
megdog said:

Full tank of Tesco Momentum now and my fuel economy seems to have dropped :dont know:

Is that not more to do with the colder recent temperatures???

Don't know about the 911, but BMW kcock sensor adjust immediately to retard the timing when you put 95 RON in, but it's cautious on the way back up - one tank of 95 will take 2-3 tanks of 97+ before it's back at peak power.

I observed this myself with crappy fuel economy after the occasional tank of ordinary stuff, it took a good £100-£150 quid of the good stuff before it was back to normal

jimmy p said:
davidjf7 said:
megdog said:

Is that not more to do with the colder recent temperatures???

I don't think I knew that, could be :thumb:

Is it also true that you get more litres of petrol from the pump in colder weather as the fuel contracts in volume, and this is why F1 teams measure fuel in weight, as this doesn't change with temp?

Think I might add the occasional tank of BP between Tesco fills and see if I notice the difference

davidjf7 said:
Is it also true that you get more litres of petrol from the pump in colder weather as the fuel contracts in volume, and this is why F1 teams measure fuel in weight, as this doesn't change with temp?

Unlikely - the fuel is stored in underground tanks so the temperature (and therefore volume) will remain fairly stable...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back