Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Novice - wheel/tyre advice please

softcentre

Hi. I have a 2023 992C4. 20" fronts, 21" rears. I am planning to explore remote areas of Scotland and have a concern re possible punctures/pothole incidents. I am wary of the lack of spare and the gunk/compressor solution although I have no experience of it. Have done a wee bit of research on space savers but different size wheels are a challenge as are hub sizes etc. Any advice gratefully received.
Also- I have Porsche Assistance - has anyone experience of how good they are in helping with punctures - assuming I can get a phone signal?!

Welcome to the Forum. 😁
From experience, the sealant/compressor is normally enough to get you going again with a standard type puncture. If you rip a hole in the tyre, the sealant will not work.
Porsche Assistance is great - maybe just have to wait a little longer in the remote areas of Scotland.
Don't believe that Porsche approve any space saver wheels for a 992.

My next door neighbour got an unrepairable puncture in the wilds of Scotland in his daily S class. Had zero phone signal so had to wait for a passing local to stop to be able ring the RAC. 5 hours till they arrived then another 3 hours until a suitable replacement tyre was sourced..complete nightmare of a day.

First thing he did when he got home was source a suitable spare/ space saver..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back