Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

40th Anniversary up for auction

It will. Looks a nice example, the question is whether the recent work outweighs no service for 8 years/19,000 miles.

Apparently Sam (Seen Through Glass) spent £10k on it when he bought it although I think that included a PCCM upgrade. I agree that it's got a substantial hole in the SH and it might put off some collectors although for someone who wanted a sorted car to drive, it might be different.

The X51 upgrade is rare, but does that and the anniversary model make up for the gap in the servicing?

Given all 40 year cars have X51, it's not a factor to swing the decision.

Odd really, given that an annual service at an Indy with those costs v little, relatively.

Initial signs of bore scoring too when he bought it iirc

Another "Influencer" off-loads to buy something else and refresh his content :roll:

There's quite a few of them that can buy a turd and roll it in glitter to whip up the frenzy and move it on.

That said I've yet to see any of them extol the benefits of having the Moody Blue interior like Jonttt :grin:

The £10k he spent was when he first got the car and wasn't just a service. It was to get the car up to standard after the purchase.

It didn't include the PCCM, that was extra.

I follow Sam on YouTube.

...you can't polish a turd but you can laquer it :D

..applies to just another YT er with no id control and the car;yawn...

GMG said:
...you can't polish a turd but you can laquer it :D

Or PPF with blingmeister chum :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back