Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RS CC auction listing

wpozzz99zSS said:
IMI A said:
Hang on to it. Rare as hens teeth straight ones i saw one sell like yours for £430k recently. 37k miles.

It's am SY Lhd, so not quite stratospheric yet, good provenanace though. I know the Riviera Rhd car from "back in the day".

To some that will be even more desirable tbh. Ring, European trips etc. I'd have yours over this one even if this was straight one. Pedals a bit off on the RHD ones. Well done :thumbs:

Originality and the value attributable to it is ever a topic that interests me. I tend to have a preference for original, BUT...

In the case of cars that have been around for a while perhaps even raced at some period in time, recorded history is good to have if available, but if not then all sorts of questions are bound to be asked...?

Cars that have been raced can have suffered a degree of damage and had replacement parts fitted, yet still retain their original identity..?

As to what market value might be attributable to an interesting history..?

One story that interested me was on the topic of originality Vs identity of a famous race car known as Bentley Old Number One, where a purchaser seemingly questioned the identity of the machine after purchase to the extent the argument was taken to the English High Court in order to determine if the machines identity was as claimed, or otherwise.

There was more than a wrinkle in the chassis or a run in the paintwork in that ultra valuable old car`s past... (-:

If you might be interested, you could beam up

https://www.gomog.com/articles/no1judgement.html

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back