Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RS CC auction listing

paint

I would have thought original paint is king...........especially in the front trunk. The only reason to have that repainted would be if it had been reshaped in it's past! I mean I don't think it would be the kids chucking in their tonka toys that would scratch it :?:

I would be surprised if it makes > £250k on CC, prepared to be proven wrong!? :)

I have no idea of the reserve price.

For awareness I've just found out that the car is mis-described. It's had the left rear quarter panel replaced, both front wings and bonnet, there is still has some residual damage in the front boot area.

that would tie in with the crease on the RHF inner wing, and the runs in the paint on the inner wings, where did you get the info on the replacement panels, obviously thats at odds with the inspection report, which given who did it is not surprising?

Trantorman said:
that would tie in with the crease on the RHF inner wing, and the runs in the paint on the inner wings, where did you get the info on the replacement panels, obviously thats at odds with the inspection report, which given who did it is not surprising?

I would prefer not to say where, however I trust the source implicitly and have no doubt whatsoever he is correct. CC have been informed but then have not updated the advert.

The owner has said on the chat at the bottom that it's original panels which is an utter crock of ****

Presumably he bought in good faith from the dealer who sold it, it was on offre with him around the £300k+ level when the current owner bought it.

Sold for £275k + commision :?

asTbpmH.jpg

Here's some of the residual inner chassis damage left unrepaired, If you know what to look for its easy to see the repairs. All the left rear quarter panel spot welding is wrong and not factory.

Thats the damage i spotted, hopefully the buyer is smart enough to do some research and get it checked out, its a lot of money to spend on something with a back story, at least the Douglas valley "bog roll car" was honest, in that its history was well known and now still worth a lot of money.

Be interesting to see where this RS surfaces next, not many left that dont have back stories. sadly.

Thats a toppy price for that RS. Cars not been described accurately at all and as for the inspection by who Stevie Wonder? I pm'd the OP with similar concerns just looking at the pics tbh. Happens often with older 911s. So few good ones out there 8)

I thought £281k inc fees was fairly strong for that example, I wonder how much of a part "auction fever" played in the final bidding?

Still, good to see 993 RS prices holdng up. Of course, I would say that with a lower mileage factory CS in the garage. :)

Hang on to it. Rare as hens teeth straight ones i saw one sell like yours for £430k recently. 37k miles.

That was odd, I had the link up on screen and it just went to a 30 min auction and now sold price is £285k.

Did it get re offered???

IMI A said:
Hang on to it. Rare as hens teeth straight ones i saw one sell like yours for £430k recently. 37k miles.

It's am SY Lhd, so not quite stratospheric yet, good provenanace though. I know the Riviera Rhd car from "back in the day".

was showing sold at £175, but never went reserve met. collecting cars strike again...

now £285.

Attachments

• 6a39c51e_7b0b_4e3e_911b_5959e53bb067_924.jpeg
    6a39c51e_7b0b_4e3e_911b_5959e53bb067_924.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 754
  • 747a4998_4c0d_413e_ab8f_79b0f3416f04_180.jpeg
    747a4998_4c0d_413e_ab8f_79b0f3416f04_180.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 752

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members