Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3RS lookalike on Collecting Cars

Thanks @Cunno. I used to live in Oman so I understand the additional strains on a vehicle. Hopefully it didn't go for a trip to the beach :floor:

That was my first thought @Daniel as the centre tunnel looks better in exterior colour. To my eye it suits the cars.

Practically everything that could have been specified with carbon was @Isysman! I think the only items that were not were the interior lights dome and the three prong covers on the steering wheel. Of the carbon options in the car, most are damaged.

It's the mechanicals and the underbody I'm more concerned with.

plavix said:
Thanks @Cunno. I used to live in Oman so I understand the additional strains on a vehicle. Hopefully it didn't go for a trip to the beach :floor:

Out of interest what draws you to this car?

1. It's LHD, which is a positive for me given circumstances in the future.

2. I actually rather like the RS spoiler on the back, it's mental.

3. The price.

The things that put me off are:

1. The price; it needs work and it needs money spending on it. The current owner has spent the minimum possible. Which is not how to keep one of these cars.

2. Paperwork and servicing is not full. From the paperwork I have seen, it was well looked after in Abu Dhabi; having been serviced or oil changed annually. Additional parts fitted were Porsche OE too. Once it's found itself here, it's not had sympathetic owners, having only essentials or bare minimum.

I'm getting a PPI arranged, but happy to take recommendations for PPI?

plavix said:
1marc said:
Hang on... did you buy it? 🤔
Not me. The buyer on CC appears to have done a Scarlet Pimpernel :dont know:

Now showing on CC as officially 'unsold'.

T8 said:
plavix said:
1marc said:
Hang on... did you buy it? 🤔
Not me. The buyer on CC appears to have done a Scarlet Pimpernel :dont know:

Now showing on CC as officially 'unsold'.

This sounds like a rather costly mistake for somebody. Doesn't the auction winner pay the fee regardless of whether they proceed with the transaction or not?

cc

Probably because there would be no buyer. Just trying to land someone! If the auctioneer and his mates bid it up to just below reserve and then hope they get one bid and jobs a good un! CC are obviously now making cars appear on site saying No reserve but they have no genuine buyer and the car is not selling because they have no genuine bid :?:

Re: cc

stichill99 said:
Probably because there would be no buyer. Just trying to land someone! If the auctioneer and his mates bid it up to just below reserve and then hope they get one bid and jobs a good un! CC are obviously now making cars appear on site saying No reserve but they have no genuine buyer and the car is not selling because they have no genuine bid :?:
A work colleague of mine was going to have his car on CC recently.
They took all the photos and charged him for them.
They assigned him a broker who went through all the history and what was going to be written.
The broker then came to the value, he asked what are you expecting to get for the car, he said I'm being realistic at £34000 and was told immediately the top value was £30000.
My colleague was strong and said £34000 or he'll keep it.
The broker agreed then said he'd write the agreement up and email it to him to be signed.
The agreement came back stating £32000 which was never spoke about.
Next the agreement was altered to £30000 then after a heated conversation it was altered to £34000.
The car was then placed on 'coming up".
A few days into the 'coming up" listing going live the broker rang and said he had an offer that he advised my colleague to take of £32000 before going live.
My colleague was annoyed and ask for no offers to be made and to list the car on the auction.
Then before going live the broker rang saying the pre sale offer was upped to £33000, which was declined, and was told again he wanted the car to go on to auction.
Next day a phone call from the broker saying the offer has been upped to £34000, this is when my colleague had had enough and removed the car from CC who are now chasing him for 6% plus vat of £34000.
My colleague felt the broker wasn't doing right by him and not listening to him plus lost all faith in the company.

Re: cc

Plumb said:
stichill99 said:
A work colleague of mine was going to have his car on CC recently.
They took all the photos and charged him for them.
They assigned him a broker who went through all the history and what was going to be written.
The broker then came to the value, he asked what are you expecting to get for the car, he said I'm being realistic at £34000 and was told immediately the top value was £30000.
My colleague was strong and said £34000 or he'll keep it.
The broker agreed then said he'd write the agreement up and email it to him to be signed.
The agreement came back stating £32000 which was never spoke about.
Next the agreement was altered to £30000 then after a heated conversation it was altered to £34000.
The car was then placed on 'coming up".
A few days into the 'coming up" listing going live the broker rang and said he had an offer that he advised my colleague to take of £32000 before going live.
My colleague was annoyed and ask for no offers to be made and to list the car on the auction.
Then before going live the broker rang saying the pre sale offer was upped to £33000, which was declined, and was told again he wanted the car to go on to auction.
Next day a phone call from the broker saying the offer has been upped to £34000, this is when my colleague had had enough and removed the car from CC who are now chasing him for 6% plus vat of £34000.
My colleague felt the broker wasn't doing right by him and not listening to him plus lost all faith in the company.

That's poor form.

It appears the original winner from CC has reappeared. Just as I had arranged, but not paid for, a PPI :?:

The seller wasn't very helpful regarding arranging the PPI. This has happened to me before; who hands over £60K without getting a vehicle professionally assessed :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back