Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help needed on external temperature sensor

Matt-A

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi

Fitted a pair of new air con condensers this evening, after putting everything back together dash showed an error from the external temp sensor.

I had a quick look to see if there was any thing obviously wrong but was difficult as getting dark.
It looked like somebody had replaced before as wires had been cut and reconnected.

Any tips on what resistance I should be seeing on the sensor?
Hope I don't need to take the bumper off again...

It was worth it for the aircon and the amount of crap in there.

Wow that is a lot of crap in there, I have my bumper off at the moment for paint and all I have in mine when I cleaned them out are small particles and dust but this because I have grilles on the opening to all three rads. Worth fitting them in the long run.

As for your sensor, it might be worth having a closer look when it get light as it sounds like you may of damaged it or made the old fault re-appear if someone has already repaired it once before. Could be worth cutting the wires further back and spicing some new wiring into the plug if testing doesn't check out.

I have some grills on watch in eBay, £65.
They are the sort which require fitting from inside (so would have to take the bumper off again...)

You should of bought them last week then, :lol:

It's not too hard to get the bumper back off and it is worth doing.

I've had my ebay condensers on for 4 years now and I fitted the grilles at the same time and they still look like they have a good few years left in them yet.

I am a happy chap!
Remade the connection and temp sensor now working!

Had the aircon regassed today and now have ice cold vents

Matt-A said:
I am a happy chap!
Remade the connection and temp sensor now working!

Had the aircon regassed today and now have ice cold vents

:thumbs:

Done the same myself - damn connectors!

Matt-A said:
I have some grills on watch in eBay, £65.
They are the sort which require fitting from inside (so would have to take the bumper off again...)

I bought some stainless steel mesh off eBay for £16 and made my own:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=94843

dsc09149_804.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back