Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why no Electric water pump kit?

remarklima

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

I'm surprised that no one has put together an electric water pump kit for the M96 or M97 engine? Given all the concerns around bore score, localised overheating etc, an EWP is a great solution.

Way back in the early 2000's people were adding them to their track Elise's and Exiges, as you'd then get the correct maximum flow for track work, and better flow at low engine speeds and better still, you can run the fans and water circuit for a while after shut down to stop any local boiling points.

The Davis Craig ones (not the singer ;) ) are very reliable https://daviescraig.com.au/electric-water-pumps - has anyone considered this? And given they can splice into a inlet / outlet hose, I'd have thought it wouldn't be too hard?

I'd assume you'd have to gut out the standard water pump to do it properly.

Any thoughts? Or have people tried this and failed?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back