Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats the worst car you bought ?

I'm guilty of being a serious lurker. Just believe in being quiet if I have nothing to say. I guess I'm a good listener. At least that's what the wife says. Incidentally, I do not think this was the first conversation the 993 has had with other garage stable mates in last 10 years. I think the 993 describes my earlier CLK 430 as a cool dude. The SL 500 was a gentleman. CL550 was very quiet - elder statesman like. Did not talk much and made small chat. The M5 was the loud mouth of the lot with quad tailpipes to boot. These 993 things think they are best built cars ever - very confident in their abilities too. There is a recent addition and I'm not sure how the 993 is taking it, but there is some smack talk going on. No doubt. The 993 has been there and seen it all and will not hesitate to drip a bit of oil to mark its territory. I encourage this rivalry though. Healthy competition is a good thing. I love it.

Nothing for 3 years now you can't shut him up :lol:

Yep. Took me 3 years to be inducted to the club. I'm one of the guys now. Bring it on. Great stuff. :D

TimmyTimmyTimmy said:
rottenbend said:
TimmyTimmyTimmy said:
A 993..... :coat:

Hey Timmy - you drive a Cayenne Turbo which is many people's idea of the worst car you can buy. Just saying :bye:

Indeed, each to their own :)

Good man :thumb:

I stumbled across this old thread whilst doing some research on other things and thought it worth resurrecting for an update.

Some of the old posts are still interesting reading and it's good to recall some of the old regulars that have now moved on.

my "worst " was a new 350Z after I sold my R34 GTR UK spec, a good car but just not for me. I sold it on after 6 months as it felt so slow for the same 280hp.

others
2006 smart car - deadly in Milton Keynes trying to pull out into roundabout traffic
2016 Juke Nismo - redefined the term understeer to frightening levels

Mine was not not the worst car I’ve had as that was gifted to me ie i did not buy it so it does not count and i loved it (Austen Allegro in tan). The worst car I bought was an early S2000, I bought it 3 months old from a “TV” personality and just never got on with the Vtech engine. I was big into turbo jap imports at the time and that was part of the reason the high revving vtechs never did it for me. I sold it after 3 mths but luckily the cars where doing overs on list when they first came out and so it did not cost me anything

This heap of Junk!!

1700598544272.png

When I was about twenty I called round at my mums and she proudly announced she had picked up a bargain at the Belle Vue car auction back in the day when normal punters could just rock up and bid..Was there a Belle Vue auction back in the early 80’s?

IMG_1475.jpeg
I took it for a quick spin round the block and the gearbox was completely knackered and the steering…OMG the steering !

Definitely the worst car I have ever driven..The smell of British Leyland plastic and vinyl too…never forgotten.

It was straight back in the auction the next week..

A new Fiesta XR2. Appalling build quality (that includes paintwork, suspension knocks, engine knock, driver's door rubbing front wing, rear seat wouldn't latch, air vent bits not clipped in and many more faults (yes, a brand new car); non existent PDI by the supplying dealer and awful quality of servicing by main dealers. Never again even dreamt of buying a Ford. (However, a new Renault Megane was almost as appalling.) Lesson finally learnt on those two makes.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back