Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What to buy next?

BChivs said:
A few options that have caught my eye.....the 996TT I have previously viewed.
Hi BChivs, hope the car hunting is going OK, came across this thread - have we spoken regards my turbo I've got for sale?? I've had a few enquires but am yet to find a buyer for it, I think we may have exchanged messages but don't think you have you seen/driven it??

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns, it's a really decent example and I want to sell it!!

:D

The 911 virgin 996 turbo looks nice & its a manual! Won't depreciate either unless you put a ton of miles on it. I wouldn't go for a 997.1 turbo tip - I had one. Awesome straight line power - but the early tips are a bit limp & noise isn't as nice as a nasp engine. I really enjoyed my 997.2 C2S I had - think good value as well. Or what about a Caymen R - manual is the most desirable.

Being devils avocado, will a 996TT seem like a quantum leap, for the most part, over the 996 4S given the huge extra outlay?

Over in the classifieds, there is a lovely 4S, Hartech engine, 60k miles for £24k... £13k than the above admittedly great value TT.

Yes, I get the whole Mezger/TT power thing, but most of the time, it will feel not dissimilar.

Personally, in your position, I would want something different from your 996... Gen 2 C2S?

Robertb said:
Being devils avocado, will a 996TT seem like a quantum leap, for the most part, over the 996 4S given the huge extra outlay?

Over in the classifieds, there is a lovely 4S, Hartech engine, 60k miles for £24k... £13k than the above admittedly great value TT.

Yes, I get the whole Mezger/TT power thing, but most of the time, it will feel not dissimilar.

Personally, in your position, I would want something different from your 996... Gen 2 C2S?

Your post is exactly where my heads at.....I personally loved my C4S, and I'm not going to slate them because I know I was unlucky, but Going to the Mezger just seems the safer option....trouble is like you said, it's a huge jump in price!
For less money I could be in a 2010 C2S with half the mileage and be as much fun.....maybe not straight line speed but still quick enough in the real world and look stunning.

If you want a minimal spec manual it fits the bill.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back