Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Valuing a 3.9 C4S

The really weird thing is, Luke looks like John Hawkins love child. I knew John (way back) and whenever I see a YouTube fgp propaganda video it strikes me how much resemblance there is!!!! Weird :?:

I think put original decklid on and advertise it for around £30k. I like the GT2 wing, when I had my C4s I wanted one but with original on then it doesnt push away any of the OEM only type folks.

I think its a great car for someone, I loved my C4s as well and all it needed was a bit more go which this will give.

With that mileage in a private sale I'd start at £27,500 (perhaps a bit more if you're not in a hurry)and hope that someone who realises the benefit of having both a rebuilt engine and the increase in cubic capacity comes along.

If you go the SoR route you'd probably clear about the same but without the hassle of dealing with time-wasters.

GLWTS

A good friend of mine sold his Hartech engined 996 Targa via William Francis using SOR. Charlie sells a number of cars for owners & is very fair on his SOR costs. Given he has his own workshop any service costs are sensible. My friends car was a manual with just over 100k miles & I think was listed for about £25k to give you an idea & sold in about 6 weeks late last year.

996 model cars seem to be going way up in value over the last year or so, especially so manual X50 Turbo's which are being put up for sale at £55k plus prices and people are buying them. A 2004 996 Turbo S recently sold on C/Cars for £56775, with the premium on top that's just over £60k.

There are cheap Turbo's about but they'll be cheap for a reason, the adverts on Ebay say it all, they sound like they've be written by a 12 yr old!

easternjets said:
996 model cars seem to be going way up in value over the last year or so, especially so manual X50 Turbo's which are being put up for sale at £55k plus prices and people are buying them. A 2004 996 Turbo S recently sold on C/Cars for £56775, with the premium on top that's just over £60k.

There are cheap Turbo's about but they'll be cheap for a reason, the adverts on Ebay say it all, they sound like they've be written by a 12 yr old!

Like this one 😅

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20433023...emlYPFsSTS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Ah yes, the 'informace Metzler engine pushing all 4 wheels forward'.

Brilliant.

droptop said:
Ah yes, the 'informace Metzler engine pushing all 4 wheels forward'.

Brilliant.

Better double check mine for spelling mistakes 😅

The more you read the Ad the worse it gets and they're an actual trade seller called HVR motors!

Copy of text: Wow what a car a real classic in the making very fast, extremly well built. the informace Metzler engine pushing all 4 wheels forward give a incredible feeling of confidence that you just dont get in any other super car.

Upgrade to a pioneer apple play head unit but the original is supplied with the car.

Michelin tyres all round

Original gloss black paintwork with black lelather heated memory electric seats.

Recent clutch fitted

FSH with recieppts for recent expensive work carried out

Both turbos have been overhalled and boost pressure is stron and constant.

The pictures say it all and if you are in the market for one of these you will not be dissapointed.

innit.

Well a deal in principle has been struck with Friends Green. They are picking the car up next Friday and I am fairly pleased with the price.

911V have sold a 911UK member's former car, a Hartech 3.9 engined Mk 2 C2 twice in the last 8-10 months. They had the car advertised at £35k IIRC (and they don't do chunky discounts) It had slightly less miles and it sold within days on both occasions.

markh1 said:
Well a deal in principle has been struck with Friends Green. They are picking the car up next Friday and I am fairly pleased with the price.

It'll be interesting to see what they advertise it for. :popcorn:

markh1 said:
I've dealt with Luke & been up to FGP several times. Always been very easily to deal with, zero issues and I'd happily use them again. Shouldn't compare with Paragon, completely different type of dealer & Luke doesn't pretend to be at same level of stock (or prices) at Pargaon. I also know Mark and team at Paragon very well BTW, and also highly recommended for people in that market. GLWTS

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back