Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Urgent help !! 996 deadlocked

Hi there,

Hope you manage to get sorted mate, what a nightmare !!!

Just to add, my front bonnet release cable is in the passenger side wheel arch, behind the headlamp bracket and next to the brake pipe connector block ??? is mine on the wrong side ???

Good luck

Craig

Not that it helps the OP, but noticed the plastic ring pull in my front drivers side wing when I open the door? Does anybody else have this, and is it the bonnet cable? Could be useful if you have a flat battery.

Attachments

• img_2379_713.pdf
    186.1 KB · Views: 52
So .... the long and short ..

We got in the bonnet .. battery was low .. powered it up .. disconnected and reconnected.. zero ! Still won't open .. keys not working .. tried everything.

So I ended up putting in the passenger window as is seen cheap local spares .. climbed in keys started first time .. both main and spare .. door lock still open won't manually open ..

So it's covered up .. gonna pick up spare scrap glass window .. get it fitted and get he locks and fobs checked ..

What an experience and nightmare... the window took some power to smash !

SJM911996 said:

We got in the bonnet .. battery was low .. powered it up .. disconnected and reconnected.. zero ! Still won't open .. keys not working .. tried everything.

So I ended up putting in the passenger window as is seen cheap local spares .. climbed in keys started first time .. both main and spare .. door lock still open won't manually open ..

So it's covered up .. gonna pick up spare scrap glass window .. get it fitted and get he locks and fobs checked ..

Good to hear you're getting there slowly.

I thought the end result would be a broken door glass, at least you are in. I saw a passenger door glass for £35 on ebay.

I had a passenger door that wouldn't open from the inside or outside, luckily I could get in through the drivers door at the time with the key. I had to remove the door card with the door closed and seat in place which was a monumental pain, if I was to do it again I would removed the seat to get the door card off. Its only 4-6 bolts to get the seat out.
It turned out the door lock mechanism was faulty which I suspect is your issue but it could be something as simple as the bowden cable has broken. A used lock mechanism is £35 ish again on ebay.

Yep had zero option !

Bought one local on eBay £50 so get it fitted and get the locks checked !

What a nightmare..

SJM911996 said:

Sorry to hear of the nightmare that you've been having, and one wishes that you don't suffer something similar in the future. Top tip for smashing passenger/diver windows - spark plug porcelain.

Sheeze what a nightmare. And there was I thinking that only the imsb was likely to ruin your day! Keep us updated on the eventual problem and fix.
Cheers and good luck rick

Using chips of Sparkplug porcelain to smash car windows (surprisingly easily) is well known amongst those who are predisposed to breaking into and stealing cars but still, probably not a good idea to have this method highlighted on a public forum?.... :?:

Or a spring-loaded centre-punch - ex firefighter so 'in the know' as far as effective entry procedures for rescue purposes - beats spraying interior with glass fragments!

pzero said:
Top tip for smashing passenger/diver windows - spark plug porcelain.

:cop: :hand:

Trick of the trade by any chance?

:grin: :thumb:

SJM911996 said:

Well done, glad to hear you are in and can start engine at least. Hopefully you will be able to put your problems to bed, good luck with the overall outcome :thumb:

jcw749 said:
Using chips of Sparkplug porcelain to smash car windows (surprisingly easily) is well known amongst those who are predisposed to breaking into and stealing cars but still, probably not a good idea to have this method highlighted on a public forum?.... :?:

I hear what you're saying, but as you say it is widely known and not just Porsche specific. Public car forums, although well intentioned, unwittingly throw up various methods of accessing a vehicle, and that's without having to break the windows.
What isn't as widely known are the methods that have been discussed in this very thread.

alex yates said:
pzero said:
Top tip for smashing passenger/diver windows - spark plug porcelain.

:cop: :hand:

Trick of the trade by any chance?

:grin: :thumb:

It would be enough to get your collar felt for going equipped, if you had a spark plug in your pocket and were found paying attention to parked cars. :judge:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back