Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

window problem

I feel your pain Young man .. i have replaced these .. set them up and all seemed fine until a road test and i herd wind noise ..

It all has to come apart to re adjust the glass position .. it's a pain in the ass that's for sure .

ref wrong parts .. the 05 and i assume the 04 have a different membrane from all the others .. i would assume the window reg is also different .. all i know is we had an 05 " only " membrane in stock for over 3 years as that was all it fitted .

v6matt said:
Remember to take the little stop out of the bottom, its the same part for a boxster and 911. The 911 needs the little window stop bung to be removed, if its not then the window wont go all the way down.

Guess how I found out about this :lol:

Snap, I had the same issue with mine last week, although the stop should be repositioned to its lowest position rather than just removed.

It's had a squeaky drivers window ever since I've owned the car, and no amount of lubricating the channels and rubbers would fully quieten it.

Last week it did the "graunch of death" and stopped working, you can see why below! With the new (genuine) regulator fitted it's whisper quiet once again.

img_1613-1.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back