Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unsatisfactory SOR experience review with Gmund Cars Ltd.

997 Coast said:
40040266-2031275070249644-7613642432030179328-o.jpg

OP just thought this may be yours

That is indeed - the one with the "interesting" pr0n star interior.

As to his wife who conveniently (although it'll do her no good) resigned her directorship - I can't imagine in her little village and area where she's an aspiring politician that having a husband (and her hastily removed business connections with) who is nothing more than a glorified Arthur Daley style back street garage conman (you can quote me on that, Andrew ;) ) and thief is going to go down at all well.

I can't wait to see him at his open day. :thumb: It's going to be a blast. :grin: :cop: :floor:

Gmund Sharks

Has the issue with the non payment for the SOR 911 been resolved?

I note the topic has been taken off the Forum. Issues such as these need to be brought to the attention of an 'unwary' Porsche buying - or selling - public.

I hope it has been resolved but will not have done Gmund any

MODERATOR NOTE:

The thread had not been removed, just moved to the relevant sub-forum.

This post and subsequent replies have been merged with it.

I would love to come to his open day and see his responce but i'm over 3 1/2 hours away :sad: :sad:

Attachments

• rr_438.png
    rr_438.png
    391.9 KB · Views: 9,659
Re: Gmund Sharks

Tombri said:
Has the issue with the non payment for the SOR 911 been resolved?

I note the topic has been taken off the Forum. Issues such as these need to be brought to the attention of an 'unwary' Porsche buying - or selling - public.

I hope it has been resolved but will not have done Gmund any favours. :cop:

Its not been removed as I just put a comment on there :thumbs:

I remember meeting Andrew Mearns years ago, when he travelled down to Oxon to do a demo of posh waxes to a local owners club evening do. Seemed to be a nice guy.

Can't imagine what's gone wrong since.

I can guess ........he's in deep and is trying to steal from Peter to pay Paul as the saying goes

It just seems odd its been ongoing for so long. You'd think it would have come crashing down by now.

Terrible story! It's outfits like this that taint the whole industry for me!

Thought I would enquire about the car, this is his reply:

Rob,

We have agreed a sale on the silver 3.2 with the red interior.

The customer buying the car wanted it inspecting at Porsche Leeds, so we are just having to sort out some detail jobs on it (change the new tyres for N rated tyres, change the battery for a 'Porsche" type battery, and a few oils leaks to be sorted, that car should go out this week, but if for any reason it does not go I will let you know.

We have 6 x other 3.2 Carrera cars in stock at the moment, let me know if you need any detaisl on those ?

Thank you,

Andrew Mearns

Director

For clarification ......

The car sold last year.
It is not still sat at Gmund.

If the car really was still sat at Gmund and the sale hadn't gone through I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Some of the people posting are just confusing the issue.

Andrew's reply to DucatiRob is just standard sales patter.
It's not unusual for dealers to leave sold cars on their websites to generate enquiries. Of course when a prospective punter calls they say it's just sold but can offer you something similar.

By the way my car had Michelin N rated tyres all round on it and there were no oil leaks! Again all that is just part of a story to prospective punters to justify why it's still on the website after it's sold. Nothing unusual in that.

The issue is my car sold last year and I've only received part payment for it. Repeated promises to pay the balance in full have not been honoured.

dpc7 said:
For clarification ......

The car sold last year.
It is not still sat at Gmund.

If the car really was still sat at Gmund and the sale hadn't gone through I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Some of the people posting are just confusing the issue.

Andrew's reply to DucatiRob is just standard sales patter.
It's not unusual for dealers to leave sold cars on their websites to generate enquiries. Of course when a prospective punter calls they say it's just sold but can offer you something similar.

By the way my car had Michelin N rated tyres all round on it and there were no oil leaks! Again all that is just part of a story to prospective punters to justify why it's still on the website after it's sold. Nothing unusual in that.

The issue is my car sold last year and I've only received part payment for it. Repeated promises to pay the balance in full have not been honoured.

Really feel for you on this still not being resolved. However I cant imagine a reputable dealer (ill use 911v as a good example) telling lies as above, just all the more reason for prospective buyers to stay well clear of this establishment.

Fijian Ceremonial War Axe needs to pay a visit to this scumbag.

Definition of 'Irony?' Andrew Mearns ' of GMUND 'An experts view' page 77 this week's Autocar giving his valued expertise on how to be really careful when buying a Porsche 928!

I presume he states don't let me sell it for you :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back