Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Track down previous owner via Reg No?

Notts

Hi

Looking for a bit of help

My 2003 996C4S had a replacement service book in 2006 I was hoping to track down the owner from 2006 see if he can shed any light on it :) he serviced it 5 times at main dealer so looked after it well.

(or any of the owners, the last owner before me had it for over 6 years and looked after it very well had an engine rebuild in that time)

Back in 2006 it was on private Reg: R888JEB I think it was bought then from Porsche Cardiff?

The first service in the replacement service book was done at Porsche Centre Cardiff in 2006, then 4 more services at Porsche Centre Cardiff 5 in total up to 2009

Then in 2009 in was on reg: M11ESV for a while

I think he sold it around 2011 as services then started in Coventry in 2011 it was then on reg: D4JJS (which shows now on a Panamera) until he sold it in December 2017 (I bought it Jan 2018 from a dealer)

Hope it all makes sense
N

Do you not have any previous invoices?

Notts said:
Hi

My 2003 996C4S had a replacement service book in 2006 I was hoping to track down the owner from 2006 see if he can shed any light on it :) he serviced it 5 times at main dealer so looked after it well.

(or any of the owners, the last owner before me had it for over 6 years and looked after it very well had an engine rebuild in that time)

Back in 2006 it was on private Reg: R888JEB I think it was bought then from Porsche Cardiff?

The first service in the replacement service book was done at Porsche Centre Cardiff in 2006, then 4 more services at Porsche Centre Cardiff 5 in total up to 2009

I think he sold it around 2011 as services then started in Coventry in 2011 it was then on reg: D4JJS (which shows now on a Panamera) until he sold it in December 2017 (I bought it Jan 2018 from a dealer)

Hope it all makes sense

N

Youve come to the right place mate,loads of experts on here.And if they dont know,they'll make something up so get ready.

Edited. Not going to feed the troll.

Welcome Notts.
Unfortunately you're up against it these days if there are no details on old invoices as Alex says, as most Porsche dealers won't discuss anything due to data protection.

You used to be able to pay DVLA a few quid for photocopies of all old V5s and reg change paperwork. It was called a fee paying enquiry.

You've guessed it though they had to stop doing it.
Good luck though. You never know a previous owner may be on here. Or try PistonHeads. I wish Big Jock would. He'd fit right in there. :grin:

Alex said:
Do you not have any previous invoices?

Hi Alex

Yes got previous invoice's with address etc but from 2006 might still live there, I was hoping they would be on here especially last owner as he went from 996 to Panamera and still has it according to MOT checker

I have their names but didn't want to put on a public forum

N

Notts said:
I have their names but didn't want to put on a public forum
N

Welcome to the forum.

If you're the registered owner (and thus have a legitimate reason for asking) then you can request previous owner info from the DVLA but obviously due to GDPR they cannot just dish it out without permission - they used to send a letter asking if they're happy for their contact info to be passed on and if / when they receive confirmation they'll pass it to you (not sure if they still do this and obviously it takes a little time).

Alternatively, as you have their names then a bit of Facebook or LinkedIn detective work may help. I've done this a few times and whilst potentially looking like a stalker, if you send a message getting straight to the point and they're happy to help (as I would hope a fellow / previous Porsche owner would be) then they'll be in touch.

I've tracked down service history etc on many cars in the past.

The online BT phone book is good if you have their postcode and they're listed. A decent telephone manner helps and again get straight to the point - I've always started with "I'm really sorry to bother you, I've just bought your old car and was just wondering if you happened to have..." Not everyone likes it though - I called a chap once and he demanded I tell him how I found his details. I explained that his name and address is on the log book and his phone number is in the phonebook (previous owner's details are no longer shown on V5's though due to GDPR).

What's the worst that can happen? No response at all or they tell you not to email / call again and tell you to do one...?

Actually, the worst response may be "Wow, that's back on the road is it? Last time I saw that it was in two halves and on fire!"
:thumb:

Or try PistonHeads. I wish Big Jock would. He'd fit right in there. :grin:[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Big Jock said:
Notts said:
Hi

Hope it all makes sense

N

Youve come to the right place mate,loads of experts on here.And if they dont know,they'll make something up so get ready.

Ignore him OP, he has a beef with some on here! It shouldn't be directed towards you! you never know if the person is on here, anything else has been mentioned.

Cheers and Welcome

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back