Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC (late) service history out of sync

Mfm01

Evening. New Panamera owner (which is great) and first time poster. I’m having an interesting debate with OPC / Porsche UK. I recently bought the car from OPC (2020 plate) which stated it had full Porsche service history. Turns out it had non OPC history until year 3 when it had a minor service (this made it eligible for Porsche approved). OPC now says that the next service is in year 5 ie 2 years after 2023 service. While the Porsche UK help desk say it should be done in year 4 anniversary (sooner of 4 years and 40k miles) of registration to bring it back into line with standard service 2/4/6 year etc format. Has anyone had experience of out of sync service history?

Leaving aside the issue of being advertised with full OPC history, I’m concerned about going against advice from Porsche UK help desk, that when selling in the future this will cause problems and also some warranty issues if not following service plan. Do others find dealers cut trade in price of vehicles with odd service history or as long as recent history is OPC then it doesn’t really matter? Perhaps I’m going OTT here but it seems sensible to have the car on it’s original track. Thanks.

I’m assuming the minor OPC service in year 3 was by the same OPC that sold the car. It is pretty obvious therefore that the OPC was aware that the car did not have a full OPC service history and as you state had to carry out the out of sync 3 year service to be able to offer for sale with the 2 year used approved warranty.

I would be asking the OPC to carry out the 4 year (major) service free of charge to you to correct the mis selling issue ie to answer your question yes the out of sync / none OPC servicing whilst in manufacture warranty (ie first 3 years) would likely affect value and therefore should have been disclosed at point of sale, certainly not stated otherwise.

Nb It is likely that this was an error as its unusual for a car not to have full OPC service history for the first (and only) service required within the 3 year manufacturer warranty (at year 2) ie they just used standard wording for the advert and it was not actually done on purpose to mis represent the car but nevertheless they have (it would help if you have evidence of that ie a copy of the original advert)

the OPC history until year 3, where was the car serviced in that time ?

ask them for goodwill for the next service -start with free of charge
Then when the time comes sell it back to them!

I would be asking the OPC to carry out the 4 year (major) service free of charge to you to correct the mis selling issue ie to answer your question yes the out of sync / none OPC servicing whilst in manufacture warranty (ie first 3 years) would likely affect value and therefore should have been disclosed at point of sale, certainly not stated otherwise.

I agree

Err services are every 2yrs/20k miles whichever the sooner. So if the last OPC service was at year 3 then the next will be in year 5. The sync error has been passed. The only thing that could be an 'issue' is the plugs as they're changed every 4 years. That could be your starting point unless there's evidence they've been done.

It's not unusual for an OPC to tick everything on the service book page (plugs has a tick box) and date the service just before it's sold even though it could have been done months ago giving the seller the best time spread.

I'm surprised OPC only carried out a minor service given that it had non-OPC history. For the private sale buyer you can't get warranty without the last service being a major if previous were non OPC regardless of whether its actually timed the schedule. Clearly different rules apply for OPCs. I'm surprised they didn' tick the major service and just carry out a minor 🙄

All said they've given you 2yr warranty. I wouldn't worry and just take it for a service 2yrs from the last one. Not unusual for GT/high end models that spend most of their time in storage to lapse the 2yr schedule when they're laid up.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back