Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking about selling - 997.2

mc72

I would be grateful of any help and advice from those on the forum regarding the price that I should be selling, or that I can expect to achieve, for my car if I choose to sell.

Its a 2009 (09) Basalt Black with Black Leather interior, 997.2 Carrera 2S, with PDK gearbox, Sports Chrono Plus Package, Carrera Sport II Wheels, rear wiper, leather dash, auto dimming mirror.

Car has covered 22994 miles, with Full Porsche Main Dealer Service History. 12 Months MOT with no advisories, at least 5mm on all tyres. Car isn't used in winter and is left on a ctek charger when not in use. Washed and cleaned after each use and is in excellent condition.

I would appreciate feedback on what selling price I should put the car at if I decide to sell.

Thanks

MC72

Hi, I'm looking for a 997.2. However, i think market had slightly softened due to winter.

I would wait till spring to sell and then use collecting cars with a reserve.

Prob £45k+ mark

Sounds like a nice motor, however, having a rear wiper, pdk & the mileage being over 20k makes it rather worthless unfortunately :eek: :D

So guessing it's in good condition with only the normal stone chips at the front, unmarked wheels & fsh I reckon circa £44k to a dealer & £46k private.

I'm sure others will be along shortly more accurate valuations

Good Luck if you decide to sell

If selling now I'd be looking for £42k from a dealer or would start at £44,995 in a private ad.

I know people may joke about sunroofs, rear wipers, mileage etc but PDK is no joke, sell now before it becomes a Tiptronic, Sportmatic etc. Porsche will eventually rename their new to the game hi tech gearbox and PDK will just tag onto Tiptronic.

Hexagon have similar low mileage cars listed at over £60K! Portiacraft have cab versions with higher mileage at mid £30K mark. Collecting cars have their "sold" history available, search there and you will see some confusing prices. Two 997.2 models sold in last couple of months for low £30K. However a one-owner low mileage sold for £49+K - go figure!
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2008-porsche-911-997-2-carrera-s

As you store it over winter, wait until the sun comes out again in spring, and we have hopefully survived Xmas and the Omicron variant. A big hit on the markets yesterday, crypto on hold, we need to feel a little more positive to max out the car values.

I would expect it would sell privately for around £43,000 given the low miles. I recently bought one on collecting cars that cost me £35k inc fees but that has done 80,000 miles but is manual and a 2011 so difficult to compare.
In my opinion the one that sold for £49k in September was over priced especially with the fees on top.

Seriously considering parting with mine too.

Spec identical to the OP barring mine is manual with 49K on it, just had big 12 year service done.

Does the manual premium more or less equate to higher mileage on mine, been offered low £40's trade ??

Numbercruncher said:
..... Does the manual premium more or less equate to higher mileage on mine, been offered low £40's trade ??

I'm not sure that the manual v PDK debate is so relevant with 4wd cars. Both have a keen following.

Mileage affects value far more significantly. IMO you're being offered a good deal. Is it a current offer?

mc72 said:
I would be grateful of any help and advice from those on the forum regarding the price that I should be selling, or that I can expect to achieve, for my car if I choose to sell.

Its a 2009 (09) Basalt Black with Black Leather interior, 997.2 Carrera 2S, with PDK gearbox, Sports Chrono Plus Package, Carrera Sport II Wheels, rear wiper, leather dash, auto dimming mirror.

Car has covered 22994 miles, with Full Porsche Main Dealer Service History. 12 Months MOT with no advisories, at least 5mm on all tyres. Car isn't used in winter and is left on a ctek charger when not in use. Washed and cleaned after each use and is in excellent condition.

I would appreciate feedback on what selling price I should put the car at if I decide to sell.

Thanks

MC72

Personally I would save yourself loads of mither and hassle and contact Tom at 911v, preferably in the spring :thumb:

Ignoring some of the ones retailing for £60-70k, I would suggest given mileage, that a realistic retail price would be £50-55k.

So part-ex/sell to trade of say £42-45k; private £45k+..?

As T8 says, mileage does impact pricing.

I have considered selling more recently, but have decided to hold onto it and enjoy it for at least another year or so.... but may end up keeping forever(ish)! 😊

T8 said:
Numbercruncher said:
..... Does the manual premium more or less equate to higher mileage on mine, been offered low £40's trade ??

I'm not sure that the manual v PDK debate is so relevant with 4wd cars. Both have a keen following.

Mileage affects value far more significantly. IMO you're being offered a good deal. Is it a current offer?

Yes current offer, 2wd not 4wd though

To all,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions/opinions on the route to take. I appreciate that there are some differing views, but it's good to get a variety of opinions from the forum.

MC72

mc72 said:

Thanks

MC72

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back