Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The dreaded squeaky window...

Robertb

Yas Marina
So, I've had a search, no definitive answer.

When I wind the windows down/up, they creak, squeak and squeal. Bad for my karma. Seems to be worse some in some conditions than others.

Anyone had a similar prob and found a cause and solution?

Sounds like the felt bit off the inside of the outer seals has worn off. New seals are mega expensive. Polishing the glass with normal car polish/wax or T-cutting cures it for a while.

Creaking could be the regulator and cabling mechanism indicating imminent FUBAR

Both my regulators were slow and creaked. Good dose of wd40 round the cable mechanism cured it on both.

Is there nothing you won't put WD-40 on :?:

GT4 said:
Is there nothing you won't put WD-40 on :?:

Funnily enough, I used some recently to get some packaging glue off my daughter's posh make-up brushes she got for Xmas.

If it's a case of needing to buy a new part, I always give the fubar'd one a dowse in the stuff. Bit like ramming a few hundred volts through someone's heart when they're pulling their last breath.

You've nothing to lose and 80% of the time it works. :wink:

.........apart from when my clutch was knackered :oops: :grin:

My passenger window makes a noise for the first few inches of travel. The regulator was done December 2015, the membranes on each door replaced February 2016.

Can it be it is on the way out again already? How much of a ballache is it to remove the door card and spray some WD40 love juices in there?!

The return of Marty Wild said:
How much of a ballache is it to remove the door card and spray some WD40 love juices in there?!
Well I thought it was easy until today when I replaced the door lock. A PO had fitted (and removed) a high end sound system and I found the membrane had been replaced by sound deadening! Now I know why the door card carpet gets wet, another job to do.
Seriously though, getting the door card off is easy, the hardest part was the airbag badge.
Mike

Attachments

• dscn3580_resized_123.jpg
    dscn3580_resized_123.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 4,743
You don't have to remove the doorcard. Just put window in its lowest position and look down the gap with a torch. Once you suss out where to spray you .......juice, just fit the little applicator tube on, point in the right direction and spray. Any excess can be cleaned off the glass later with IPA.

Ever since summer when I put down my window in traffic and the guy sitting next to me in the old vauxhall shouted over "you might need some WD40 on that!!"

After some investigation into this; I understand there are adjustment screws at the bottom of the door and beneath the door card that allow various adjustments to be made...

My thinking was that if i could ease the pressure off on the seal then the squeaking could be 'reduced or controlled'.... this would be my first port of call....

So far I have found these links; (worth a read).

https://www.renntech.org/forums/top...ticking-window-alignment-issue-not-regulator/

http://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/646002-996-window-squeaking-traveling-up-and-down.html

https://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/2410-drivers-side-window-out-of-adjustment/

I also order some SONAX GummiPflege which seems to be product of choice to cure window squeeks..

I will be tackling this soon, let me know how you get on, and I will update with my findings....

all the best.... Z

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back