Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

T8 is now packing 887 bhp

[quote="T8

[/quote]
That looks superb!! :thumb:
I was looking for a Cobalt or Guards but could only find a Polar Silver 997tt with a spec and condition I was happy with .

Cunno said:
Very nice Terry, looks great in red :thumb:

What happened to the Jag idear?

Jon

Cheers JC,

The XF'R' would have been a replacement for the Lexus and I was sorely tempted. I looked at a couple before concluding that (a) they are just too long and (b) I didn't need 510 bhp for ferrying the missus and her Mum around.

I've known for a while that a 997T would be my next 911 but hadn't thought it would be this year - but then I didn't think it would be a red one either . :grin:

Having set aside the money it would've cost me to change the Lexus for an XFR I was playing on AutoTrader [as you do] and realised that the cost to move from the 996T to a 997T 'now' was about the same. This car was local to me so, out of curiosity, I went to see it.

Wifey came with me and, for only the second time ever, said of a 911 .... "I actually quite like that - for a Porsche". The first time she said it was when we saw a 'Sports Classic' so I went home and read up on everything '997T related' I could find and, despite always thinking I'd have a GT Silver one, decided that the Guards Red ones featured did look very nice indeed.

I had wondered whether an old geezer like me should buy a red sports car but then it dawned on me that if I ever did realise the ultimate dream and buy a Ferrari, red would be the only colour I'd consider. From that moment on I was hooked.

lofi said:
Really nice Terry - now you can report with authority about whether it's enough of a step up from the 996.

His current account bloody well hopes so!

Congratulations Terry, it looks great. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh some time later in the year.

MC

lofi said:
Really nice Terry - now you can report with authority about whether it's enough of a step up from the 996.

Cheers Piers -- ha, ha ..... that rhymes :floor:

A test drive was enough to convince me that the difference was tangible.

It will have to be a great car to give the same amount of 'smile per mile' [oops, I did it gain] or, more especially, :grin: 's per £ but the very early indications are looking good.

A detailed comparison will be forthcoming in a couple of months time. :thumb:

T8 said:
A detailed comparison will be forthcoming in a couple of months time. :thumb:

Thank god it's got Sport Chrono with SC and that extra 60NM of torque.

It must have taken you a year to evaluate the cooking Carrera :dont know:

Just hit the loud pedal!

MisterCorn said:
Congratulations Terry, it looks great. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh some time later in the year.

MC

Thanks Martin.

Why don't you head dahn sarf for this on 17th May. :?:

==> SuperCar Siege Charity day, Leeds Castle (in Kent)

Bring the NSX. According to their facebook page there's going to be 10+ others there. PeterS and Waz came down a couple of years ago and had a great time. :thumb:

Great car Terry :thumb:

But I still prefer the looks of the 996 turbo..... Honestly!!

I look forward to the detailed appraisal of the two of them, from a driver's perspective.

Mike

Very nice looking car :thumb:

T8 said:
Behave - or I'll get my trained pigeon to poop on your roof again. :grin:

Just try it.

Terry,

That's a beauty.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

I thought for a moment that the good lady had seen sense and traded in the GT86

I see a breakfast meet in the near future (March?)

Ron

Looks beautiful Terry, congrats :thumb:

very nice
I really do need to get one of those!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back