Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension / chassis refresh - Part 2

Riccardo

Monza
Last year I had 4x shocks, top mounts, bump stops and a full geo done on my 997. I went for the factory setup using Bilstein B4s.

However, I am not sure its still 100%. Over the years I have changed some of the other suspension components piecemeal, as they've started making noises. A coffin arm here, a longitudinal arm there... stuff like that. Always factory parts, of course.

I am considering whether this year I should have a "part 2" of the above. My question is, what should I replace? On the suspension related, I can think of, front & rear:

- lower arms ("coffin"?)
- track control arms (longitudinal ?)
- drop links
- ARB bushes

Anything missing? I am no expert at all and would greatly appreciate even just having a "laundry list" of parts to replace.

Will likely also get the engine mounts changed. In fact, that's what will be first on the list.

Thanks for inputs!

Maybe see centre gravity if you're car still isn't feeling right. What specifically are you feeling it's doing?

sja360 said:
Maybe see centre gravity if you're car still isn't feeling right. What specifically are you feeling it's doing?

:agree:

A health check at CG is worthwhile and you will get all the advice needed to achieve what you are looking for from people that really know their stuff!

Thanks guys. Well aware of CG and always has been on the cards, just never happened yet.

Since replacing the shocks the car feels fine, but it still feels a bit odd on very high speed long curves (ie: think Autobahn sweepers), basically "seesaws" a bit. There is also a "clang clang" noise on rare occasions when going over some small sharp imperfections at very slow speeds.

However, reason I posted is because I am looking for information re the various parts that should / could be replaced. I am hoping to educate myself as to their names as well as starting to get an idea of budget and sourcing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back