Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo suspension and steering refresh

elan

Monza
I am beginning to use my Turbo more often and enjoying it more after an interior refresh. The PCCM+ and the new steering wheel install has made it better place to be in.

I would like to refresh the front end steering and suspension parts. I have already purchased coffin arms, steering parts and new pipes to calipers. The garage suggested that I might as well replace the shock absorbers and top Mounts too. Can you please advise if I should go for the genuine direct replacement parts or is there any updated parts? Also the best place to purchase them? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 53637fc7_ce6e_4ac4_aa0d_7dacfbafbeff_550.jpeg
    53637fc7_ce6e_4ac4_aa0d_7dacfbafbeff_550.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,103
  • 53637fc7_ce6e_4ac4_aa0d_7dacfbafbeff_550.jpeg
    53637fc7_ce6e_4ac4_aa0d_7dacfbafbeff_550.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,103
Speak to 9e re TracTive Touring. Game changer. 9e gives you a completely different 997 turbo back. Reminds me of body control of new 992 C4S to put into context only even better. Best upgrade I've had jointly with the Europipe 2 exhaust. If i had to choose only two upgrades these would be them. Wouldn't even bother with more power 480bhp plenty :thumbs:

Imi,

what did you have before the tractive?

Was it lowering springs and the DSC module?

Yes and I have had seat time in mate's 997.1 turbos with B16 damptonics both the comfort version and clubsport. These TracTive Touring Line dampers are different level. My 997 turbo a keeper. SWMBO has a 991.2 turbo s cab too as you know. Amazing car the 991.2 ts but I wouldn't swap my 997 for a 991. That good on TracTive and so much fun. Sharpens up body control to 997 GT2/GT3 level without the firm and jiggly ride. Perfect for me with a super light clutch. Our 991 feels a bit sloppy down a UK b road by comparison. Nice to be able to compare.

IMI A said:
Yes and I have had seat time in mate's 997.1 turbos with B16 damptonics both the comfort version and clubsport. These TracTive Touring Line dampers are different level. My 997 turbo a keeper. SWMBO has a 991.2 turbo s cab too as you know. Amazing car the 991.2 ts but I wouldn't swap my 997 for a 991. That good on TracTive and so much fun. Sharpens up body control to 997 GT2/GT3 level without the firm and jiggly ride. Perfect for me with a super light clutch. Our 991 feels a bit sloppy down a UK b road by comparison. Nice to be able to compare.

What were the club sports like compared to the comforts? Are you thinking about doing the suspension on the 991 Turbo S too at any point?

B16 Clubsport firmer than a stock 7 GT2/GT3. B16 Comfort similar to the suspension in 991.2 turbo s cab better but a bit bouncy. Doubt SWMBO will upgrade as she intends to keep in warranty. I don't blame her shes had two VTG turbos and a few sensors costing £15k under warranty. If you use these PDK 991.2 turbo s hard they do tend to have issues as PDK runs the VTGS so hard under full chat. There is no let off in boost up the gears gears and the 58mm VTGS in 991.2 turbo s do seem to be a little fragile to me if you use on track. 991.2 turbo s even brake boosts under braking to keep its VTG turbos spinning. Its a complicated car compared to 997 I'd not run one without warranty.

IMI A said:
B16 Clubsport firmer than a stock 7 GT2/GT3. B16 Comfort similar to the suspension in 991.2 turbo s cab better but a bit bouncy. Doubt SWMBO will upgrade as she intends to keep in warranty. I don't blame her shes had two VTG turbos and a few sensors costing £15k under warranty. If you use these PDK 991.2 turbo s hard they do tend to have issues as PDK runs the VTGS so hard under full chat. There is no let off in boost up the gears gears and the 58mm VTGS in 991.2 turbo s do seem to be a little fragile to me if you use on track. 991.2 turbo s even brake boosts under braking to keep its VTG turbos spinning. Its a complicated car compared to 997 I'd not run one without warranty.

Makes sense in that case mate.
Re B16's. Centre Gravity recommend comfort to me over the clubsport. I did question it and they said to ignore the comfort/clubsport names, and that the latter was far too stiff. Drives well with decent geo, adjustable ARB's and a DSC box. 👍 Can't imagine how the tractive feels, but hear good things from you and others. Will have to get a passenger ride at some point.

Looks like I need to do a bit more research into this. I was planning to keep this car fairly standard and use B4 or B6 shocks.
Do all Turbo cars come with sport suspension?

For the B16, are the comfort spec ones still available? Can't find any for sale and thought the Bilstein website list them as NLA.

I really need to change the steering wheel on mine it really lifts the interior nice job :thumb:

Interior looks nice ! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back