Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunroof flap hanging down when tilted?

spinnaker

Hockenheim
Does anyone happen to know how the underside of the sunroof attaches to the top. It works fine when opening backwards (albeit quite slow which I know the usual reasons for) but when I tilt the sunroof the rear part of the interior /roof lining hangs down at the back. The front is fine. It feels like it should clip somewhere but I can't see any fitting points.

Youtube hasn't revealed anything, photos are few and far between and the line drawings at Design911 don't reveal anything. Anyone know? Hopefully it is a simple fix.

It's a pita.

You have to slide the lining out and back in again. It's best to do it when it's tilted

Thanks Matt! I don't suppose you know of any guides on how to do this?

Not that I've seen.

Basically, you pull it from the rear of the the liner, push up to the sunroof and slide back to towards the front.

It's easier to refit from inside the car sitting in it

Thanks for that, I'll give it a crack!

roof info

see if this helps? No matter what I try it keeps saying the file is too big - sorry. tried shrinking the pdf copying to word saving as low res pdf etc etc but no joy.

Thanks for trying. I have just PM'ed you my email address in the hope you could possibly trying emailing the guide.

They should be with you now.

Thank you for this! I have got the message.

Did you get this sorted?

If not, it's a relatively simple procedure (I've just stripped my sunroof down completely for some water ingress...). It's in the workshop manual too.

1. Open sliding-roof panel approx. 80 mm.
2. Disengage (press) slide/tilt sunroof trim out of the left and right-hand front catches towards the rear and out of the drivers, and push back by approx. 30 mm.
3. Close sliding-roof panel and move to tilting position.
4. Push slide/tilt sunroof trim back evenly on the left and right as far as it will go.

To refit it's the reverse procedure. There is a clip either end of the trim panel at the front edge; there are two similar clips in the middle of the panel and it will be these that are not engaged I'd say.

Most fiddly bit I found was getting the little side blinds to engage so that when the sunroof is titled the blinds block air from the sides...

I have the workshop manual if you need it :thumb:

Chumbaside said:
Did you get this sorted?

If not, it's a relatively simple procedure (I've just stripped my sunroof down completely for some water ingress...). It's in the workshop manual too.

1. Open sliding-roof panel approx. 80 mm.
2. Disengage (press) slide/tilt sunroof trim out of the left and right-hand front catches towards the rear and out of the drivers, and push back by approx. 30 mm.
3. Close sliding-roof panel and move to tilting position.
4. Push slide/tilt sunroof trim back evenly on the left and right as far as it will go.

To refit it's the reverse procedure. There is a clip either end of the trim panel at the front edge; there are two similar clips in the middle of the panel and it will be these that are not engaged I'd say.

Most fiddly bit I found was getting the little side blinds to engage so that when the sunroof is titled the blinds block air from the sides...

I have the workshop manual if you need it :thumb:

I've added a photo of the panel so you can see what's what :thumb:

Attachments

• img_6149_738.jpeg
    img_6149_738.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 160

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli