Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunday morning funny's

Even my mates new 3 Series diesel Estate (well, OK - Alpina B3 Biturbo 3.0 Diesel Estate) is faster on paper than my 996 - and I'm happy to admit it. Stock Alpina, a real Q car noticed only by those who "know" although the 4 humungous exhausts give the game away a bit.

I have had several lads try to race me in my 4S, but beyond 100, they all go backwards pretty quickly. I have top speed, stability and aerodynamics on my side. I did lose in a big way to a Bentley continental, it was mega, I've never seen anything shift so fast, it was stable too, very impressive. In reality, if you want massive acceleration and ultimate speed, get a bike, they make cars ( all cars) seem pretty slow and dull. The thrill of hanging onto a bike as it races past 100,making speed everywhere is quite something.

Shurv said:
I have had several lads try to race me in my 4S, but beyond 100, they all go backwards pretty quickly. I have top speed, stability and aerodynamics on my side. I did lose in a big way to a Bentley continental, it was mega, I've never seen anything shift so fast, it was stable too, very impressive. In reality, if you want massive acceleration and ultimate speed, get a bike, they make cars ( all cars) seem pretty slow and dull. The thrill of hanging onto a bike as it races past 100,making speed everywhere is quite something.

Took the words out of my mouth!

I had my 2002 R1 for 10 years and 3 days. It was a proven 152bhp at the rear wheel.

No car feel's fast to me anymore. There is nothing like the rush of accelerating on a bike

I also am an RSOC member, had an Escos, still got a Saph 4x4 which is stage 3 so circa 320bhp.

In both I was more worried about things going bang than trying to race other cars. Raced a CBR600 once, one knackered piston and a crack in the block = £3000 new engine!

+1........Having spent most of my youth on high powered bikes looking for a Porsche to 'compare real time acceleration' with once I finally got a Porsche I found myself spending most of time wondering where all the bikes were!

Off course I'm far to mature for that kind of behaviour now in my 'last of the air cooled' car and 'cruiser' Ducati ten-nine-eight s :floor:

Always found bikers far more appreciative of Porsche than other performance car users........

I think were on the wrong forum :?:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back