Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The joys of 996 ownership.

Parsley said:
Here is a good one, it's not Porsche related but same principal. Back in the day a 3bar map sensor was about £40 from Andrew Pages motor factors in York. From memory it's a Marelli part. The same map sensor is used on a Ferrari F40. Well, in about 2005/2006 for whatever reason there was a shortage and Pages/Partco etc etc couldn't get any and I used a lot of them. I phones the Ferrari parts department and yes they had a map sensor in stock. I'm fairly sure it was £440. I asked the guy if it was a Marelli one. Yep. Same part. That's some mark up!!!

Yeah but that Ferrari lot deserve it :lol:

I must just be unlucky then as I've very rarely come across fixings in the same state as the ones on the underside of my 911 and that includes some proper nails I've had the displeasure of working on...

UncleP said:
I did the same. Bought the eccentric bolts for the rear off Porsche but bought the rest online. Used the workshop manual linked on here to get all the bolt specs so I replaced like for like.

Yep new new eccentric bolts from Porsche (with the Porsche Tax) the rest from the local fastening supplier. Used to spend a lot of time when I owned TVR's finding alternative suppliers. :) I quite enjoyed it.

On the plus side, at least the 10mm plastic nuts don't rust 😄
Just replaced most of mine on the underside, the holes in them were so large they were barely hanging on. Nice opportunity to clean up all those threads they screw onto too. 👌

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back