Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Styling advice plesse

v6toj

Trainee
Here's a pic of my 996

As you can see its got gt3 sideskirts but stsndard otherwise. I've removed skirts before but prefer the car with skirts however it does my heid in (OCD technical language) that skirts are lower than front bumper. Nearly had a full aerokit but seller pulled out. Just wondering if you guys have any styling advice tips. I think the 996 look good without kits when sitting on softer lined turbo twists but the gt3 wheels need a kit. Possible routes are?
A) aero front bumper if I can find one!
B) aero add on front lip which might look a bit tacky? Pics below of a car I spotted for sale with said addition

There's also the option of a fibreglass replica aero front bumper, it comes down to your OCD level and how deep your pickets are really, are your sideskirts genuine?

coullstar recently fitted one of the add on aero lip spoilers, looks good :thumb:

Hi, yeah ive got one of those front lips fitted, although not tweeked to fit properly yet as car is getting painted.
It's a decent fit and does replicate the aero look well. As said it depends on your level of OEM OCDness. I didn't want full fibreglass rep due to chipping and also wanted to retain original bumper. I'm still undecided but certainly a cost effective solution.

Attachments

• img_20210226_123034_758.jpg
    img_20210226_123034_758.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,335
I agree the bumper is important with the skirts. I like the GT touring look personally. This is good example recently on Collecting Cars in similar colour to yours although different wheels:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1999-porsche-911-996-carrera

If it was me I'd feel the need to go OEM personally. But yes, big £

Attachments

• 996_aero_395.jpg
    996_aero_395.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 1,307
jezgreen911 said:
There's also the option of a fibreglass replica aero front bumper, it comes down to your OCD level and how deep your pickets are really, are your sideskirts genuine?

coullstar recently fitted one of the add on aero lip spoilers, looks good :thumb:

Cheers yeah my sideskirts are genuine

coullstar said:
Hi, yeah ive got one of those front lips fitted, although not tweeked to fit properly yet as car is getting painted.
It's a decent fit and does replicate the aero look well. As said it depends on your level of OEM OCDness. I didn't want full fibreglass rep due to chipping and also wanted to retain original bumper. I'm still undecided but certainly a cost effective solution.

Cheers for the info and pic, good to hear the lip is a decent fit. I take it the lip is fibreglass? Similar to the full replica bumper. I think I'd be £1200-1500 for an oem front bumper which nearly never comes up for sale now. How much did the lip cost in comparison?

tob_today said:
I agree the bumper is important with the skirts. I like the GT touring look personally. This is good example recently on Collecting Cars in similar colour to yours although different wheels:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1999-porsche-911-996-carrera

If it was me I'd feel the need to go OEM personally. But yes, big £

That's collecting cars example is the look I'm aiming for as I'm not too sure about aero rear spoiler I'm planning on the mod 07 wheel aswell so thanks for that link. Seeing this clearly the oem aero front bumper looks really good but not sure if it justifies the extra cash.

Maybe to help your thinking bit more, there's a guy on the 'The Porsche 996 Carrera owners' facebook group with a lovely red one without the rear taco wing, and same wheels as you.

I borrowed this great photo so you can see full effect with and without wing. He's got lots of photos and videos of his car if you join the group. PM me if you want his name to look him up. He's probably on here too.

Personally I think his looks awesome (I'm also a huge guards red fan). I would consider doing same front bumper & skirts for mine, if it wasn't for all the pesky speed bumps that already scrape my standard bumper lip at M030 height.

Attachments

• 996_aero_with_and_without_857.jpg
    996_aero_with_and_without_857.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,237
Love the aero kit look but here's a vote for the standard c2
Love her lines with no plans for kits wings or any other frippery 💪

Attachments

• f6cd9e5e_2335_455e_b4a7_580e396a613d_169.jpeg
    f6cd9e5e_2335_455e_b4a7_580e396a613d_169.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 1,223
Buy a new genuine aerokit front bumper - haggle shamelessly for the best deal - sell your other non-aerokit bumper for a couple hundred pounds...

Only way you'll ever be happy (even a good used aerokit bumper will need bodywork and paint)

v6toj said:
Job done thanks to fellow forum member. OCD happy now!

The lower line matches well now. :thumb:

Cheers DRZ911 it's night and day and dare I say feels a bit more planted!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back