Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering wheel on Ebay

ldt said:
Stuart said:
ldt said:
Where are you going to source the emblem Berni??
I bought two embossed plastic ones from Jasmine that I have stuck on the back of my Recaros.

Then you're airbag goes off and you have a Porsche crest shaped missile...

:eek:

:floor: It's only plastic so probably only lose an eye :floor:

Do not stick anything 'durable', plastic or otherwise on airbag housings. That goes for passenger airbags too. Loosing an eye is a very likely scenario. Airbags expand at 240 to 350 kph. A plastic emblem can not only make pate' out of the eye but fragments can even penetrate as far as the brain. Even the everyday use of spectacles can be cause for ocular and orbital injuries with permanent disabilities when there is airbag deployment. Airbags save lives (in most cases) but usually at the cost of minor or not so minor head and neck injury.

I bought one of these for my tippy - made by Atiwe and I bought it through ebay.de
I think Design911 and Carnewal stock it also - but at 'varing' prices. The badge is the 'soft' plastic stick-on type!

IMG00029-20091129-1636.jpg

Graham

Slightly off topic so apologies Berni

I noticed this on the bottom of Berni's ebay ad.............

"Comes with the fitting boss but unsure if its the correct one but these can be bought from the manufacturer ATIWE who supplied these wheels as an option for Porsche 993 and turbo at manufacture."

Not sure how accurate the statement above is but I'm thinking the steering wheel in my car was fitted from new as I can't identify all the option codes; so it looks like I'll have to chase up the dealership the car came from and see what records they keep along with the options sheet with the car, Ive also sent off the email to Atiwe so hopefully will hear from them soon.

Hi Tim

It may be worth dropping the guy a message as he may have more.

Zuff

He probably meant to say this steering wheel type which is true when you look at the picture of the black one in Tim's earlier post. Do you have a picture of yours?

Berni

grahampm said:
I bought one of these for my tippy - made by Atiwe and I bought it through ebay.de
I think Design911 and Carnewal stock it also - but at 'varing' prices. The badge is the 'soft' plastic stick-on type!

IMG00029-20091129-1636.jpg

Graham
Hi Graham,
Is this wheel you bought a listed one foo item or did you get it from a ebay shop?
Anthony

Hi Guys

I am not sure if I posted this elsewhere but here is the wheel in situ. I did have to get another boss for it as the supplied one did not fit. The butttons can be pushed with the heel of the hand as you drive so you do not actually have to move your hands off the wheel at all.

swheel.jpg

All the best

Berni

tim993 said:
berni29 said:
Hi Dom

Good spot. They are made by the same people Atiwe. I have found some really good looking stickers on ebay. When the wheel comes I will have a measure up and see what size to go for.

Berni

Porsche did supply a 3-spoke wheel for the 993:-

3spoke993steeringwheel.jpg

it would be nice if these are available somewhere...

That steering wheel is awesome! Can anyone tell me the part number and where I can get one?

berni29 said:
Hi Guys

I am not sure if I posted this elsewhere but here is the wheel in situ. I did have to get another boss for it as the supplied one did not fit. The butttons can be pushed with the heel of the hand as you drive so you do not actually have to move your hands off the wheel at all.

swheel.jpg

All the best

Berni

What an interesting cockpit Berni, at 1st I didn't even think it was a 993!!
Looks quite modern in those colours :)

Hi Ltd

Proof the camera can lie if it were ever needed. The wheel is in fact black although it looks grey in the pic, and the interior looks clean which I can assure you it is not!

Originally I was not keen on the grey and black like that but now I quite like it. The black (rather than standard grey) wheel helps a lot.

I am in the process of cleaning the inside at the moment. I have both seats out and the backs off ready for a swap. Also a big leather feeding followed by carpet cleaning is planned. I was going to steam them.

All the best

Berni

[/quote] Hi Graham,
Is this wheel you bought a listed one foo item or did you get it from a ebay shop?
Anthony[/quote]

I found the wheel on ebay.de - a whole lot less than buying in the UK.
The 'trimmer' re-covered the airbag in Alcantara to match the rest of the detailing in the car.

DSC_0839.jpg

Graham

Hi Graham,
Anthony[/quote]

I found the wheel on ebay.de - a whole lot less than buying in the UK.
The 'trimmer' re-covered the airbag in Alcantara to match the rest of the detailing in the car.

DSC_0839.jpg

Graham[/quote]
Thanks Graham,
I'll have a look on ebay.de, but it may be difficult for me in German!
Anthony

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilHarbidge
Back