Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering wheel on Ebay

berni29

Paul Ricard
Hi

I have been looking out for an original black 3 spoke wheel with airbag (for a reasonable price) for a while unsuccessfully.

Then I saw this on ebay so I bought it. The seller has more I think though not necessarily this exact one.

wheel.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....sPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123#ht_500wt_1057

I thought it would look nice with a Porsche emblem on it. My interior is classic grey and has the black and grey dash combo so the aluminium might go well. Also I prefer the Tip button arrangement.

Berni

Where are you going to source the emblem Berni??
I bought two embossed plastic ones from Jasmine that I have stuck on the back of my Recaros.

Hi Ldt

Thats a good question. I was guessing that they were easily available. I will have to have a look now!

All the best

Berni

ldt said:
I bought two embossed plastic ones from Jasmine that I have stuck on the back of my Recaros.

Then you're airbag goes off and you have a Porsche crest shaped missile...

:eek:

Hi Stu

Good thinking. Transfer then. Or perhaps I can get someone to emboss it with the right font?

It's never quite as simple as one first thinks is it?

Berni

Stuart said:

Nice wheel Berni! I like that. :thumb:

I have a a mini Porsche metal emblem on my steering wheel, you know I never thought of that, :chin: I also don't know if the emblem is standard as I've no idea who makes the wheel. :what:

Stuart said:
ldt said:

:floor: It's only plastic so probably only lose an eye :floor:

That wheel is similar to the ones Ruf fitted to their 993's 8)

Hi Dom

Good spot. They are made by the same people Atiwe. I have found some really good looking stickers on ebay. When the wheel comes I will have a measure up and see what size to go for.

Berni

berni29 said:
Hi Dom

Good spot. They are made by the same people Atiwe. I have found some really good looking stickers on ebay. When the wheel comes I will have a measure up and see what size to go for.

Berni

Porsche did supply a 3-spoke wheel for the 993:-

3spoke993steeringwheel.jpg

it would be nice if these are available somewhere...

Hi Tim

Excellent! Many thanks for that. Now I know what size sticker to go for and where to put it. At least the wheel is not soooooo incorrect for the car. I will have to get an aluminium button made up for the Tiptronic lever to match the wheel.

Thanks again

Berni

No problem Berni, you are welcome! I think this wheel suits the car better than the more modern looking 996 3-spokers, though they too do look quite good as well.

Berni are you certain the tip buttons will work? is it made specifically with the 993 tip in mind, and therefore plug and play?

Berni- great find mate. I recognise this wheel- cant remember which porsche supplier, and at work now- could be carnewal, Design 911 or another, but around £500! I may buy one even though I dont need the buttons, its that cheap. (maybe wire the buttons for radio controls!).

tim

Did you get it? I am looking for a relisting- no luck!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back