Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Some Advice Please

Thanks guys. A little update....
The original garage was chosen partly on their excellent reviews. I suspect, because the garage already part knew the vehicle, and the seller, they rushed through an inspection as a tickbox exercise. The fact they didn't have the borescope pics sort of backs this up a little bit. I don't know for sure if it was laziness or deception.
The reply I got from them today was from the other partner. The guy I dealt with originally wasn't there at the moment. I don't know the ins and outs of why. What I have been told is that this has never happened before and it will never happen again. There will be drastic changes in the workshop. He also offered to sort the car without any labour as well as transport etc. The chap seems genuinely apologetic and wants do everything he can to put things right. He seems legit. Time will tell.
I've tried not to let this get me down and am trying to stay positive. I don't want to resent this vehicle in any way. The new garage has already changed the rear shocks and some other minor work so I'm already £1.1k deep with them. But the old garage have promised a proper job this time and instead of the remaining 3.4k plus whatever the clutch costs, I've been assured my bill for parts only, without any inflated costs will come to 1.1k + VAT max including clutch. It's a no brainer really. Still not the perfect outcome for me and should I be able to go back and get an accurate inspection, i wouldn't have bought the vehicle. But hey ho. Courts and solicitors are no guarantee and I can always choose that route should things not turn out positively from here. Fingers crossed by the end of next week I will eventually have that 'sorted' vehicle and can enjoy some springtime driving in a car that's right.

If you do get the first garage to resolve things, perhaps get an independent inspection done afterwards to make sure it has been and you're happy with everything (prior to paying)

GlenB said:
If you do get the first garage to resolve things, perhaps get an independent inspection done afterwards to make sure it has been and you're happy with everything (prior to paying)

:yeah:

Fingers crossed it all works out for you.

GlenB said:
Yes. The recent garage suggested the same and I'll be nipping it in there so they can have a looksy once done.

cottlad said:
GlenB said:
Yes. The recent garage suggested the same and I'll be nipping it in there so they can have a looksy once done.

Good idea, and it sounds like you are building a good relationship with the trusted no.2 garage for any ongoing work or servicing required too. Enjoy the car when you get it back!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back