Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat Connectors - new pins....

AllatSea

I've spent a few days changing my 996 12 way comfort seats out and replacing with my 986 Sports seats, which I've had the backs sprayed body colour. All complete, re-wired and all good.

Have replaced the 986's seats with Pole Positions and brought heated pads to go with them. Trying now to wire these in and trying to find out how to buy new pins for the connectors, so that I can 'plug and play' with the old, in place loom. I've spent hours today trawling the web for 2.5mm pins for Porsche 996/986, without any joy whatsoever. I know the switches don't work the same way and I've come up with a plan for that.

It's just the pins I want, the Pole Positions came with new connectors.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Griffter said:
https://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk/

Have proved invaluable for me in the past. See if they can help?

Emailed them, thank you.

I looked at replacing my 996 seats with heated 997 seats, is a fairly big task if you don't already have the connections for heated seats, you need relays and wiring looms etc, I gave up in the end and just installed 997 seats without heat

The Baron3 said:
I looked at replacing my 996 seats with heated 997 seats, is a fairly big task if you don't already have the connections for heated seats, you need relays and wiring looms etc, I gave up in the end and just installed 997 seats without heat

Yes, both my 986 and 996 were wired for and had heated seats, so the connections, power etc, were already there.

I haven't managed to work out how to get new pins, so in the end just wired the heated pads for the Pole Positions off the pre connector wires. Now all complete and working.

But thanks to all who contributed.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back