Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Do All .1s Have Fibre Optic Audio Connectors?

andyp

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

I've got a (fairly new to me) .1 GT3 and was looking to upgrade the audio. I thought that only Bose Sound System cars came with fibre-optic audio output from the head unit. I've not seen any Bose branding in my car and I don't think they get fitted to GT3s anyway. However, I've just removed my head unit and was a bit surprised to see a fibre optic connector. Did all the cars come with these?

My car has the clunky old PCCM fitted and I've just bought one of those Aliexpress Android head units to replace it with. Being a GT3 I'm not that bothered about sound quality, but I would like to run Waze and use Spotify. Was looking for something relatively simple to fit and it advertised as being plug-and-play with a non-base system, but I'm not sure the harness it comes with is plug compatible with my PCCM. So I'm a bit confused now. I'm thinking that I now need a fibre-optic audio convertor (I see there are a few for sale, such as the one from MOST) and make up a loom. Can I buy female connectors for the PCCM loom and where can I can the pin out from?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers

Andy

There are a couple of threads on the Aliexpress unit which may be of assistance

There are a couple of threads on the Aliexpress unit which may be of assistance
Hi, thanks. I've just been wading through all 76 pages on Rennlist!

I've actually got the headhunt connected now and working. I think I was panicking when I saw a fibre-optic cable set when I took my PCCM unit out. I had just ordered the non-Bose system head unit and all the stuff I had read mentioned fibre-optic being the Bose system so I thought I'd ordered the wrong config.

I guess the answer is that the Fibre-Optic is not used on a non-Bose system car?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back