Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold 997 Seats partly converted for fitment in 996 - Now Sold

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

S3Highwayman

Having recently moved on from a 996, I have a set of black leather standard electric 997 seats that have been partly converted to fit into a 996 surplus to requirements. The seats are in very good condition and have been modified as follows:
  • Passenger Seat - Fully converted to plug and play with the 996 wiring loom. The seat has been fitted with the 996 block connector required to connect it with no modifications required to the 996.
  • Drivers Seat - This has also been converted to have the 996 block connector but, unfortunately, things are more complicated with a memory module fitted to the 997 seat. The seat has therefore been modified to enable it to be adjusted using two fly leads from the battery. These allow the seat to be positioned for a driver whilst the vehicle is stationary, but it will then remain in this position whilst on the move. It obviously also ensures that the seat can be adjusted forwards and backwards fully to enable removal and refitting. This option is fine if you only have one driver of your 996!
Please see photos of the seats, including the underside below. I am looking for £450 for the pair but this will have to be collection only from Hampshire. I may be able to deliver them for the price of my fuel if you're not too far away ;).

Obviously, if you have any questions, please PM me.

Phil

Seats 1.jpg

Seats 2.jpg

Passenger Side
Seats 3.jpg

Drivers Side
Seats 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How about £400 ono, as I'd like to free up some garage space...

A bargain for someone. These are much more comfortable than standard 996 seats and sit lower in the car. GLWS

Thanks Hugh, these are indeed a bargain price and most of the conversion work has been done regarding the electrical connections, which is usually the thing that puts people off making the switch.

Phil

For anyone thinking of these seats but put off by the drivers controls. For a little over £20 you can buy and fit a Landover Freelander switch assembly that will give you full adjustment. The switch is a simple wiring job then a bit of trimming on the plastic and Bobs your uncle. Fully working 997 seats in your 996. Hope this info helps if anyone is thinking of buying but not sure.

+1 to these being a massive upgrade on the 996 seats and also being easy to fit. And £400 is a bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back