Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scratches on glass sunroof - cerium oxide?

OttoOtto

Nurburgring
Has anyone used cerium oxide to polish light scratches from glass?

I have an area about 8 inches by 3 inches on the glass sunroof which is 'grazed'. Almost like someone took some fine sandpaper to wipe something off. I can't photograph it because of the reflections.

The scratches can only be seen from a certain angle. I would say you can't really feel them with a fingernail but maybe you can just hear a slight roughness when you run a fingernail across it.

Any thoughts welcome thanks - I don't wanna rush into a repair and only make it worse :nooo:

I had a screen replaced by Autoglass (not on my 911) and noticed a scratch. The technician offered to replace it but suggested trying to polish it out first. He polished out a significant scratch perfectly.

I've achieved pretty good results removing light scratches from my windscreen (caused by grit under the wipers), by using a machine polisher and a rayon pad. As you say, you do need a product that contains Cerium Oxide in order to get some cut.

It does take a little patience and many passes to remove light scratches. I think CarPro sell a product / kit you can use by hand, which might be worth a try.

Good luck :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back