Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

scottish or coastal cars

It was one thing noted when our S3 had been up on a ramp a couple of years ago.

Other that six months spent parked on the quayside in Dundee, the car had spent it's life in and around London, and there were signs of some very light surface corrosion on suspension arms, etc. - largely insignificant, but enough for an experienced MOT tester to ask the question if it had been parked by the sea.

easternjets said:
Lived in Scotland for many years and have known a number of car dealers, some honest :eek: and some not so :oops:
One thing that always used to be approached with caution were cars from the West Coast of Scotland and especially the Islands, most were high milers due to where they resided but miraculously had low mileages when sold, strange but true!

You really think that's the only thing you need to treat with caution regarding the west coast?

thewickerman1973b.png

My car spent its first 3 years on the coast up near sunny newcastle. I've replaced some brakes lines with goodrich but put that down to porsche's penny pinching as opposed to the weather :grin:

I live by the coast, and my car is kept in a heated integral garage. Always warm and dry.

The underside of my 996 apparently looks like Barnacle Bill's submarine and its spent its life in the SE. Not sure it makes a lot of difference, given the salt liberally scattered about.

My folks in law live on the coast, I've noticed the rubber on their cars seems to get the most punishment... even a road bike which I keep there got perished tyres.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back