Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

All season tyres on standard C2 19" wheels

benmac

I've got a spare set of 19" standard C2 wheels to use for winter / all season tyres. I live out in the sticks so run a second set of wheels on our two "daily" cars with winter or all season tyres. More grip when it's cold and muddy / icy plus saves fancier diamond cut stuff getting battered with salt etc.

I've got a set of Michelin Cross Climate 2s on my 340i touring and they're awesome things. Perfect for a UK winter in terms of more grip than a normal summer tyre but without the squidge and noise you get from proper winters.

So, thought I'd get some of those for the 911. Nope! Can get the fronts but not the rears and Michelin don't think they'll be doing them in that size (285/35 R19 - as specified for both summer and winter on those wheels).

As such, I'm a bit stuck on what to do. There are some Hankook winters that look a bit less "winter" and get good reviews that are available in the same size but has anyone else got any experience of all seasons and winters on these wheels?

I live in Finland - home of Nokian Tyres - and even here we need to special order winter tyres from their own dedicated distributor Vianor as Nokian only do limited production runs and Vianor simply does not keep such obscure sizes in stock.

Yeah, I think it is just too early but Michelin have confirmed they won't be doing the cross climates in the right size. Real shame as they're great and some cross climates seem to make a lot more sense than full winters on something like a 911.

Have had loads of Nokian winters and they're awesome but same issue. Have spotted some Hankooks that are the right size and spec and get a good write up so may well plump for those.

From what I can see the central European spec/mild winter Pirelli Sottozeros have reasonable availability but they're no use to me around here - and Vianor (or any other local tyre shop) would refuse to sell them.

On the other hand, I've still got plenty of tread on my Nokian Hakkapeliitta's.

What about the size fitted to the C4S which is 295/35R19, I'm sure that you would be absolutely fine going up 10mm in section width if they're available ?

Alternatively any all season product which carries the three peak mountain snowflake 3PMSF approval should do a good job of keeping you on the road in the colder months.

Floating this back to the top as starting to become more necessary now. Still having a nightmare and am happy to consider all seasons or full winters

Fronts I can get in various flavours but rears seem pretty much impossible. Found one set of Conti WinterContacts at Camskill but they're a design that was discontinued in 2017 so have to be at least 5 years old.

Going up to 295s seems equally tricky. Going down to 275s opens up a couple of options but even then actual supply seems limited.

Any ideas as I'm open to options!

benmac said:
Floating this back to the top as starting to become more necessary now. Still having a nightmare and am happy to consider all seasons or full winters

Fronts I can get in various flavours but rears seem pretty much impossible. Found one set of Conti WinterContacts at Camskill but they're a design that was discontinued in 2017 so have to be at least 5 years old.

Going up to 295s seems equally tricky. Going down to 275s opens up a couple of options but even then actual supply seems limited.

Any ideas as I'm open to options!

What about Vredestein Wintrac Extreme S? I think they do a 245/295 in 19 diameter.

https://www.vredestein.co.uk/car-su...eason=461&vehicleCategory=car-suv-van&sizes=2

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back