Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacing rear window seal

When fitting .. i used a spray grease .. on the glass and the edges .. this will help not only with fitment but making sure it doesn't make creaking noises for many years .. grease everywhere !!! .. make sure what you use is not damaging to bodywork or rubbers :)

I started on the n/s/r bottom corner to get both the bottom and sides lined up .

I was replacing my seal for noises btw .

FYI . when fitting .. you will end up with too much seal .. keep pushing it back to say the n/s until you can finally get it short enough to all fit in place .. i had about an inch of looped seal at one point so had to pull out what i had fitted and push to the n/s until it was short enough to all fit in place .[/quote]

I concur with the above, after I had dug all the old glue, Silcon seal that the previous owner had bodged it with, I used silicon spray to lube it up first and and I pushed in place starting with the bottom corner, I had about 3" too much so had pull out and push back on it's self. I used a plastic trim tool to push it in place.
Easy job.

When fitting .. i used a spray grease .. on the glass and the edges .. this will help not only with fitment but making sure it doesn't make creaking noises for many years .. grease everywhere !!! .. make sure what you use is not damaging to bodywork or rubbers :)

I started on the n/s/r bottom corner to get both the bottom and sides lined up .

I was replacing my seal for noises btw .

FYI . when fitting .. you will end up with too much seal .. keep pushing it back to say the n/s until you can finally get it short enough to all fit in place .. i had about an inch of looped seal at one point so had to pull out what i had fitted and push to the n/s until it was short enough to all fit in place .[/quote]

I concur with the above, after I had dug all the old glue, Silcon seal that the previous owner had bodged it with, I used silicon spray to lube it up first and and I pushed in place starting with the bottom corner, I had about 3" too much so had pull out and push back on it's self. I used a plastic trim tool to push it in place.
Easy job.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back